Windows Firewall Being Disabled

Randomly the Windows Firewall gets disabled. Usually I can turn it back on
and it will stay on. Occassionally, within minutes it will get disabled
again. Any ideas on what is causing this to happen and how to stop it? Is
my system infected with some kind of worm or virus? I have run the recent
version of Norton Antivirus as a full system scan and nothing is found.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows firewall disabled

    Are you controlling firewall settings using Domain and Standard
    profiles via Group Policy? We had a problem very similar to this -
    domain profile was set to turn the Firewall OFF (when machines are
    connected on-campus) and standard profile was set to turn the Firewall
    ON (when machines were off-site). Problem occurred when the user would
    VPN in and the Firewall would switch to the Domain Profile and turn off
    the firewall (very disappointing!).

    Bill Follis wrote:
    > Randomly the Windows Firewall gets disabled. Usually I can turn it back on
    > and it will stay on. Occassionally, within minutes it will get disabled
    > again. Any ideas on what is causing this to happen and how to stop it? Is
    > my system infected with some kind of worm or virus? I have run the recent
    > version of Norton Antivirus as a full system scan and nothing is found.

Firewalls Windows XP