Disabling Integrated, Installing ATI 9250, 256MB..

I have a dell computer that isnt that great but wish to make the best
out of it without changing my computer. Its a Dell Dimension 2400 and
it has a integrated intel 64mb card. I disabled the onboard card, and
put in the new card which is ATI Radeon 9250 PCI, 256MB. Some reason
when I plug the back monitor plug I get a black screen, I tried many
things but the card doesnt seem to respond. I think my computer has
more than enough to meet requirements.

System Specs -

Computer Brand: Dell Dimension 2400
RAM: 256 MB of RAM
HD: 40 GB
Info: Pentium 4, 2.40ghZ Celeron.
OS: Windows XP Professional

Also I dont know how much powersupply I have, bought computer a year
ago.

Could use all the help I can get, Thanks In Advance..

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

XziT wrote:
> I have a dell computer that isnt that great but wish to make the best
> out of it without changing my computer. Its a Dell Dimension 2400 and
> it has a integrated intel 64mb card. I disabled the onboard card, and
> put in the new card which is ATI Radeon 9250 PCI, 256MB. Some reason
> when I plug the back monitor plug I get a black screen, I tried many
> things but the card doesnt seem to respond. I think my computer has
> more than enough to meet requirements.

Usually in the BIOS, there's an option 'init display' where you can choose
between AGP and PCI, set this to PCI, as you're booting with the PCI card.

--
Thomas