WinFixer 2005 Installer

This is an auto-launch program that tries to download every time I restart
the computer or switch users. It has shown up as a short cut on my desktop
and on my task bar (the icon on the taskbar has a clock running). I've run
Spyware and Adware scans and neither is finding it. I can't find it on the C
drive. Do I have to let it install before I can delete it?

Jesse wrote:

> This is an auto-launch program that tries to download every time I restart
> the computer or switch users. It has shown up as a short cut on my desktop
> and on my task bar (the icon on the taskbar has a clock running). I've run
> Spyware and Adware scans and neither is finding it. I can't find it on the C
> drive. Do I have to let it install before I can delete it?

Have you checked your Startup group?

While there are lots of good, freeware programs out there, to do this, one that
I've been using is CodeStuff Starter (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/starter.html).

Notan

Malke

Notan wrote:

> Jesse wrote:
>>
>> This is an auto-launch program that tries to download every time I
>> restart
>> the computer or switch users. It has shown up as a short cut on my
>> desktop
>> and on my task bar (the icon on the taskbar has a clock running).
>> I've run
>> Spyware and Adware scans and neither is finding it. I can't find it
>> on the C
>> drive. Do I have to let it install before I can delete it?
>
> Have you checked your Startup group?
>
> While there are lots of good, freeware programs out there, to do this,
> one that I've been using is CodeStuff Starter
> (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/starter.html).
>
> Notan

I believe the OP has posted this elsewhere and has received answers to
those other posts (please crosspost and not multipost in the future);
however, do not allow WinFixer to install. It is malware. Since you are
getting its installer prompt, your computer is not clean. Follow these
malware removal steps systematically, doing everything with updated
tools in Safe Mode:

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers