AIW 9000Pro - Recording a TV program in the Background?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi

On AIW 9000Pro, how can I record a TV program in the Background?

When I program it to record, when the recording time comes, it opens up
the TV window and it gives the program and sound while recording
(pre-programmed). Another window shows that it is recording.

Is it possible to not to have the "TV Window"?

Thank you

"2005" <uws2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> On AIW 9000Pro, how can I record a TV program in the Background?
>
> When I program it to record, when the recording time comes, it opens up
> the TV window and it gives the program and sound while recording
> (pre-programmed). Another window shows that it is recording.
>
> Is it possible to not to have the "TV Window"?
>
> Thank you

You can set the sound to "mute" during recording. To do so:

1) Enter setup and choose the disply tab
2) Click on the "Initialization Wizard" bar
3) click "next" (3 times here) until you get to the "Audio Inputs" window.
4) Make sure "Mute audio during scheduled record" is checked.

Unfortunately, the only advice I can give you regarding the window is to
minimize the window after the recording stops.

Hark

"Harkhof" <hark@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "2005" <uws2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> On AIW 9000Pro, how can I record a TV program in the Background?
>>
>> When I program it to record, when the recording time comes, it opens up
>> the TV window and it gives the program and sound while recording
>> (pre-programmed). Another window shows that it is recording.
>>
>> Is it possible to not to have the "TV Window"?
>>
>> Thank you
>
> You can set the sound to "mute" during recording. To do so:
>
> 1) Enter setup and choose the disply tab
> 2) Click on the "Initialization Wizard" bar
> 3) click "next" (3 times here) until you get to the "Audio Inputs" window.
> 4) Make sure "Mute audio during scheduled record" is checked.
>
> Unfortunately, the only advice I can give you regarding the window is to
> minimize the window after the recording stops.

Err...make that after the recording **starts**.

> Hark

"Harkhof" wrote ...
(snip)
>> Unfortunately, the only advice I can give you regarding the window is to
>> minimize the window after the recording stops.
>
> Err...make that after the recording **starts**.

Can't you just set "always on top" to OFF so that you can open up a window
on top of the TV screen window?

--
Richard Amirault N1JDU
Boston, MA, USA Go Fly A Kite