what difference between 9700pro and 9800pro

http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/

"Carl" <me@theworld.universe> waxed eloquent in news:dcoacm$l39$1
@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

> 100

Thank you folks, he's here all week!

--
-------------------------------------
Reply to for SPAM only

All others use:
m0ng0lh0rde @ ukonline . co . uk

Remove spaces to send
Thank you
-------------------------------------

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Mark" <mberge1@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
> Is there a big difference between an ATI 9700 Pro and an ATI 9800 Pro
>
> thanks

Both excellent cards. Both 256bit. The 9700 Pro is about 6-8% slower overall
on real and synthetic benchmarks. When the 9700 Pro is moderately o/c to
near 9800 Pro spec, it's within 1-2%.

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

There are some common memory failure issues with the 9700 causing artifacts
when stressed. I went thru 2 9700's till I found this out. My 3rd
replacement card is a 9800 and all has been well.

Mark wrote:

> Is there a big difference between an ATI 9700 Pro and an ATI 9800 Pro

No. A small difference in clock speed and the 9800 has a slightly improved
shader.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Bobby

About £10 at today's prices.

"Mark" <mberge1@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
> Is there a big difference between an ATI 9700 Pro and an ATI 9800 Pro
>
> thanks

jk

I think the 9800 pro is slightly faster as well and has better memory
handling, but I would not consider it an upgrade from a 9700 pro.

JK

"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
> Mark wrote:
>
>> Is there a big difference between an ATI 9700 Pro and an ATI 9800 Pro
>
> No. A small difference in clock speed and the 9800 has a slightly
> improved
> shader.
>
>> thanks
>
> --
> --John
> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Tim

"Jason Ash" <m0ng0lh0rde@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Carl" <me@theworld.universe> waxed eloquent in news:dcoacm$l39$1
> @nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:
>
>> 100
>>

> Thank you folks, he's here all week!

Try the veal.

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:01:12 -0400, "JK" <jkhpub@rogers.com> wrote:

>I think the 9800 pro is slightly faster as well and has better memory
>handling, but I would not consider it an upgrade from a 9700 pro.

True the real upgrade would be an ati x700pro 256mb gddr3 128bits.
I personally own this one and i've seen noticeable stability in my
game now. I had before a 9800pro. Oh! my video card is a vivo version
witch is why i've buy that card. And in bonus it has this
MPEG1/2/4 decode and encode acceleration
DXVA Support

Witch is an software/hardware of directshow for video encoding. That
thing isn't in the 9800pro. also is as high definition on all feature
witch the 9800pro don't so the best move for moment is the x700pro
build by ati only.

And here is what u want.

What you see below is what the 9700pro doesn't
have
SMARTSHADER™ 2.1
SMOOTHVISION™ 2.1
Memory Clock Speed (MHz) 340, 310(9700pro)
Engine Clock Speed (MHz) 380 325(9700pro)

Pixel Fillrate 3.04 Gpixels/sec, 2 Gpixels/sec 9700pro
Geometry Rate 380 MTriangles, 325 MTriangles 9700pro

VGA Yes

YPrPb Out for HDTV w/adapter optional
Composite Out w/adapter included

The 9700pro info have been taken from the aiw9700pro witch is
identical in all point. Only on the encoding bundle and the video
in...