winxp local admins

hi all
I have a win2003 domain and want to lock down what winxp users can do ie
desktop only run certain apps i have applied a group policy to an ou but want
to install and run apps from the workstaions do i have to add the domain
users to the winxp local admins group if so can i automate this with a policy
or is there another way.
thanks

In news:4F1CE45E-16B6-49CC-BDB1-BB44F1425676@microsoft.com,
georgestark <georgestark@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> hi all
> I have a win2003 domain and want to lock down what winxp users can do
> ie desktop only run certain apps i have applied a group policy to an
> ou but want to install and run apps from the workstaions do i have to
> add the domain users to the winxp local admins group if so can i
> automate this with a policy or is there another way.
> thanks

Hmmm - I don't understand why you'd want to add domain users to a local
admins group if you want to lock down your workstations. Running (most)
applications shouldn't require that users have anything more than User
rights....and users shouldn't be installing software anyway, right? You
might want to post (with more detail, and your specific goals) in
microsoft.public.windows.group_policy for help with this.