task manager disabled

a b 8 Security
August 17, 2005 2:17:01 PM

I have uninstalled spywere programs,but now i cannot run taskmanager,i got
a messege box(task manager has been disabled by your administrator),i am the
administrator. How can i enable it?. thanks for your help
--
thanks for this

More about : task manager disabled

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 17, 2005 3:40:40 PM

Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Enable/Disable Task Manager
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:7A6043B3-4FC8-440D-88F1-123EF2984C18@microsoft.com,
salvadorhl <salvadorhl@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have uninstalled spywere programs,but now i cannot run taskmanager,i
> got a messege box(task manager has been disabled by your administrator),i
> am the administrator. How can i enable it?. thanks for your help
> --
> thanks for this
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 18, 2005 12:17:02 AM

I just experienced the same problem tonight. I was running along on the
internet and things got very slow. I immediately unplugged the ethernet and
then discovered that task manager was disabled. Any idea why? Could someone
else have done it to gain/maintain access to my computer? Is there some way
to find out if someone has been in my computer? I have antispyware, Mcafee,
windows firewall, auto updates, etc, but remain concerned because of my lack
of experience.

By the way, the update worked and I now have my task manager back. Thanks.

Joe
--
jvanhooser

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm
>
> Enable/Disable Task Manager
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:7A6043B3-4FC8-440D-88F1-123EF2984C18@microsoft.com,
> salvadorhl <salvadorhl@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I have uninstalled spywere programs,but now i cannot run taskmanager,i
> > got a messege box(task manager has been disabled by your administrator),i
> > am the administrator. How can i enable it?. thanks for your help
> > --
> > thanks for this

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 18, 2005 12:12:54 PM

If you didn't do it by mistake, my guess would be that a Critical Update did
it. <shrug>

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes