task manager disabled

I have uninstalled spywere programs,but now i cannot run taskmanager,i got
a messege box(task manager has been disabled by your administrator),i am the
administrator. How can i enable it?. thanks for your help
--
thanks for this
3 answers Last reply

    Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

    Enable/Disable Task Manager
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:7A6043B3-4FC8-440D-88F1-123EF2984C18@microsoft.com,
    salvadorhl <salvadorhl@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have uninstalled spywere programs,but now i cannot run taskmanager,i
    > got a messege box(task manager has been disabled by your administrator),i
    > am the administrator. How can i enable it?. thanks for your help
    > --
    > thanks for this

    I just experienced the same problem tonight. I was running along on the
    internet and things got very slow. I immediately unplugged the ethernet and
    then discovered that task manager was disabled. Any idea why? Could someone
    else have done it to gain/maintain access to my computer? Is there some way
    to find out if someone has been in my computer? I have antispyware, Mcafee,
    windows firewall, auto updates, etc, but remain concerned because of my lack
    of experience.

    By the way, the update worked and I now have my task manager back. Thanks.

    Joe
    --
    jvanhooser

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm
    >
    > Enable/Disable Task Manager
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:7A6043B3-4FC8-440D-88F1-123EF2984C18@microsoft.com,
    > salvadorhl <salvadorhl@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I have uninstalled spywere programs,but now i cannot run taskmanager,i
    > > got a messege box(task manager has been disabled by your administrator),i
    > > am the administrator. How can i enable it?. thanks for your help
    > > --
    > > thanks for this

    If you didn't do it by mistake, my guess would be that a Critical Update did
    it. <shrug>

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:FDD30057-C199-4EBA-B112-CE3FE6FE3B4B@microsoft.com,
    jvanhooser <jvanhooser@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I just experienced the same problem tonight. I was running along on the
    > internet and things got very slow. I immediately unplugged the ethernet
    > and then discovered that task manager was disabled. Any idea why? Could
    > someone else have done it to gain/maintain access to my computer? Is
    > there some way to find out if someone has been in my computer? I have
    > antispyware, Mcafee, windows firewall, auto updates, etc, but remain
    > concerned because of my lack of experience.
    >
    > By the way, the update worked and I now have my task manager back.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Joe
    > --
    > jvanhooser
    >

    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm
    >>
    >> Enable/Disable Task Manager
    >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:7A6043B3-4FC8-440D-88F1-123EF2984C18@microsoft.com,
    >> salvadorhl <salvadorhl@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I have uninstalled spywere programs,but now i cannot run taskmanager,i
    >>> got a messege box(task manager has been disabled by your
    >>> administrator),i am the administrator. How can i enable it?. thanks
    >>> for your help --
    >>> thanks for this

Security Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP