Gigabyte 9800 Pro Resistor Problem!

Hi All,

I've managed to knock off 2 resistors whilst cleaning out my pc,The
problems is i can't find the little buggers,The 2 i need to replace is
R101 & C103 (Thanks gigabyte for printing this),they are located on the
left hand side about half way close to the edge of the pcb when looking
at the back (non gpu side) with the pci bracket on the right and the
agp slot at the bottom.

I've been told the graphics card is a R350 core (if this sounds
right?)and a xt revision board (don't quote me on this!),The part
number on the board is: 109-A07500-00,i got this from the top left when
looking at the gpu side with pci bracket on left and agp slot at
bottom,Printed in white.

Can anyone help me?

The boards NOT been powered up since loosing them (i'm dumb but not
that dumb!),so i'm hoping if i can get the correct resistor values then
off to maplins i shall go and the job should be a good'un!

Very Grateful for any help

--
peteec

I knocked two capacitors off my ATi 9800 Pro while unlocking the AGP slot
lever. (The giant Arctic Cooling fan made the lever hard to reach...). The
card runs just fine without them, and even overclocks to the same speed as
before. So really, powering up the board to try it out isn't as risky as it
sounds. A lot of the circuitry is for FCC noise compliance, not really
needed.

"peteec" <peteec.1t9ujn@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi All,
>
> I've managed to knock off 2 resistors whilst cleaning out my pc,The
> problems is i can't find the little buggers,The 2 i need to replace is
> R101 & C103 (Thanks gigabyte for printing this),they are located on the
> left hand side about half way close to the edge of the pcb when looking
> at the back (non gpu side) with the pci bracket on the right and the
> agp slot at the bottom.
>
> I've been told the graphics card is a R350 core (if this sounds
> right?)and a xt revision board (don't quote me on this!),The part
> number on the board is: 109-A07500-00,i got this from the top left when
> looking at the gpu side with pci bracket on left and agp slot at
> bottom,Printed in white.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> The boards NOT been powered up since loosing them (i'm dumb but not
> that dumb!),so i'm hoping if i can get the correct resistor values then
> off to maplins i shall go and the job should be a good'un!
>
> Very Grateful for any help
>

> --
> peteec

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 02:03:56 +0100, peteec
<peteec.1t9ujn@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I've managed to knock off 2 resistors whilst cleaning out my pc,The
>problems is i can't find the little buggers,The 2 i need to replace is
>R101 & C103 (Thanks gigabyte for printing this),they are located on the
>left hand side about half way close to the edge of the pcb when looking
>at the back (non gpu side) with the pci bracket on the right and the
>agp slot at the bottom.

Are you sure you knocked anything off? A lot of boards have spots for
parts that they don't put parts into. Not sure why, perhaps the same
board is used for different models or it was a running engineering
modification.