BAD Monarch Computer Experience?

Has anyone out there had to dispute a charge with Monarch Computer due
to bad service or defective merchandise? If so, please let me know. I
want to hear some experiences.

Either post here or email me at mistermeatball(at)fastmail(dot)fm

Thankyou.

Meatball wrote:
> Has anyone out there had to dispute a charge with Monarch Computer due
> to bad service or defective merchandise? If so, please let me know. I
> want to hear some experiences.
>
> Either post here or email me at mistermeatball(at)fastmail(dot)fm
>
> Thankyou.

I bought a new AMD FX-55 computer from them a few months ago and had an
excellent experience. They are my provider of choice at the moment.

Of course, I know that wasn't the response you were looking for. Sorry...

I've never had any problems w/Monarch. As a matter of fact one of their tech
support girls facilitated a really quick turnaround on an RMA for me. I
highly recommend Monarch.

--
there is no .sig

On 5 Aug 2005 14:30:34 -0700, "Meatball" <mistermeatball@fastmail.fm>
wrote:

>Has anyone out there had to dispute a charge with Monarch Computer due
>to bad service or defective merchandise? If so, please let me know. I
>want to hear some experiences.
>
>Either post here or email me at mistermeatball(at)fastmail(dot)fm
>
>Thankyou.

Never used Monarch - wrong part of the world. However, this guy's
posted this to at least one other group that I know of - perhaps he
should say what his problem is.

How about it, Meatball - what's your beef?

Patrick

<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

"patrickp" <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 5 Aug 2005 14:30:34 -0700, "Meatball" <mistermeatball@fastmail.fm>
> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone out there had to dispute a charge with Monarch Computer due
>>to bad service or defective merchandise? If so, please let me know. I
>>want to hear some experiences.
>>
>>Either post here or email me at mistermeatball(at)fastmail(dot)fm
>>
>>Thankyou.
>

> Never used Monarch - wrong part of the world. However, this guy's
> posted this to at least one other group that I know of - perhaps he
> should say what his problem is.
>
> How about it, Meatball - what's your beef?
>
> Patrick
>
> <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

That's a good question. I just spent over $1500 for a MB, CPU
and a Vid Card from them, and even paid Austin for the privilege
of buying from a fellow Texan. No problems, yet.

(That was an A8N-E, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, and a
Sapphire X850 XT Platinum.)

Luck;
Ken

>"patrickp" <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On 5 Aug 2005 14:30:34 -0700, "Meatball" <mistermeatball@fastmail.fm>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone out there had to dispute a charge with Monarch Computer due
>>>to bad service or defective merchandise? If so, please let me know. I
>>>want to hear some experiences.
>>>
>>>Either post here or email me at mistermeatball(at)fastmail(dot)fm
>>>
>>>Thankyou.

I've ordered SCSI parts from them a couple of times in the past. I've
not had a problem so far (knocking on wood).

Dave

I've used them several times, and find them to be professional and really
caring about customer service. And their pricing is sharp, too.

Duke

"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "patrickp" <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On 5 Aug 2005 14:30:34 -0700, "Meatball" <mistermeatball@fastmail.fm>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone out there had to dispute a charge with Monarch Computer due
>>>to bad service or defective merchandise? If so, please let me know. I
>>>want to hear some experiences.
>>>
>>>Either post here or email me at mistermeatball(at)fastmail(dot)fm
>>>
>>>Thankyou.
>>

>> Never used Monarch - wrong part of the world. However, this guy's
>> posted this to at least one other group that I know of - perhaps he
>> should say what his problem is.
>>
>> How about it, Meatball - what's your beef?
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...
>
> That's a good question. I just spent over $1500 for a MB, CPU
> and a Vid Card from them, and even paid Austin for the privilege
> of buying from a fellow Texan. No problems, yet.
>
> (That was an A8N-E, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, and a
> Sapphire X850 XT Platinum.)
>
> Luck;
> Ken

Well, the Sapphire X850 XT Platinum conked out, so now
I guess I'll get to report on how good their Customer service
actually is. Filled out their RMA request form late Wednesday.
I haven't heard anything from them yet, not even an automatic
acknowledgment E-mail. Guess I'll be on the phone Monday.

Luck;
Ken

> Well, the Sapphire X850 XT Platinum conked out, so now
> I guess I'll get to report on how good their Customer service
> actually is. Filled out their RMA request form late Wednesday.
> I haven't heard anything from them yet, not even an automatic
> acknowledgment E-mail. Guess I'll be on the phone Monday.
>
> Luck;
> Ken

Ok, first thing this morning I received two E-mails from
Monarch, with my RMA# and return instructions. Pretty
good response, considering the weekend is in there. So
no phone call required today, after all. I'm off to have the
card packed up and shipped out. We'll see if any problems
crop-up, but so far it's looking good.

Luck;
Ken

> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Well, the Sapphire X850 XT Platinum conked out, so now
>> I guess I'll get to report on how good their Customer service
>> actually is. Filled out their RMA request form late Wednesday.
>> I haven't heard anything from them yet, not even an automatic
>> acknowledgment E-mail. Guess I'll be on the phone Monday.
>>
>> Luck;
>> Ken
>>

> Ok, first thing this morning I received two E-mails from
> Monarch, with my RMA# and return instructions. Pretty
> good response, considering the weekend is in there. So
> no phone call required today, after all. I'm off to have the
> card packed up and shipped out. We'll see if any problems
> crop-up, but so far it's looking good.
>
> Luck;
> Ken

It's now Thursday and my returned vid card was delivered
at 10:00am, according to the tracking site. Signed for at the
"Dock" by "Wright". So now we can restart the clock, to
see how timely Monarch Computer's response is. The in
transit times shouldn't count against them.
/Ken

> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Well, the Sapphire X850 XT Platinum conked out, so now
>>> I guess I'll get to report on how good their Customer service
>>> actually is. Filled out their RMA request form late Wednesday.
>>> I haven't heard anything from them yet, not even an automatic
>>> acknowledgment E-mail. Guess I'll be on the phone Monday.
>>>
>>> Luck;
>>> Ken
>>>

>> Ok, first thing this morning I received two E-mails from
>> Monarch, with my RMA# and return instructions. Pretty
>> good response, considering the weekend is in there. So
>> no phone call required today, after all. I'm off to have the
>> card packed up and shipped out. We'll see if any problems
>> crop-up, but so far it's looking good.
>>
>> Luck;
>> Ken
>>

> It's now Thursday and my returned vid card was delivered
> at 10:00am, according to the tracking site. Signed for at the
> "Dock" by "Wright". So now we can restart the clock, to
> see how timely Monarch Computer's response is. The in
> transit times shouldn't count against them.
> /Ken 25 Aug 2005

Its now Monday evening, over 2 business days since my RMAed
vid card was signed for; and nothing from Monarch. No
acknowledgment e-mail, nothing.
/Ken 29 Aug 2005

> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>>> Ok, first thing this morning I received two E-mails from
>>> Monarch, with my RMA# and return instructions. Pretty
>>> good response, considering the weekend is in there. So
>>> no phone call required today, after all. I'm off to have the
>>> card packed up and shipped out. We'll see if any problems
>>> crop-up, but so far it's looking good.
>>>
>>> Luck;
>>> Ken
>>>

>> It's now Thursday and my returned vid card was delivered
>> at 10:00am, according to the tracking site. Signed for at the
>> "Dock" by "Wright". So now we can restart the clock, to
>> see how timely Monarch Computer's response is. The in
>> transit times shouldn't count against them.
>> /Ken 25 Aug 2005
>>

> Its now Monday evening, over 2 business days since my RMAed
> vid card was signed for; and nothing from Monarch. No
> acknowledgment e-mail, nothing.
> /Ken 29 Aug 2005

Well I just got an Email :

"This should ship anytime from today to Friday at the latest.

Thank you,

Charles H.
Monarch Computer Systems"

So there is someone home, and while it shouldn't take
them a week, after they have received an item, to ship its
replacement; this seems a reasonable response. My
guess is that the support staff could use a little more
support, but that's pretty typical. There is little realization
that High Tech Consumers tend to select a few
TRUSTED vendors, to deal with. We have been burned
in the past and appreciate vendors like NewEgg, and
maybe Monarch.
/Ken

> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>>> It's now Thursday and my returned vid card was delivered
>>> at 10:00am, according to the tracking site. Signed for at the
>>> "Dock" by "Wright". So now we can restart the clock, to
>>> see how timely Monarch Computer's response is. The in
>>> transit times shouldn't count against them.
>>> /Ken 25 Aug 2005
>>>

>> Its now Monday evening, over 2 business days since my RMAed
>> vid card was signed for; and nothing from Monarch. No
>> acknowledgment e-mail, nothing.
>> /Ken 29 Aug 2005
>>

> Well I just got an Email :
>
> "This should ship anytime from today to Friday at the latest.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Charles H.
> Monarch Computer Systems"
>
> So there is someone home, and while it shouldn't take
> them a week, after they have received an item, to ship its
> replacement; this seems a reasonable response. My
> guess is that the support staff could use a little more
> support, but that's pretty typical. There is little realization
> that High Tech Consumers tend to select a few
> TRUSTED vendors, to deal with. We have been burned
> in the past and appreciate vendors like NewEgg, and
> maybe Monarch.
> /Ken

Ok. it's now Wednesday Aug 31.
I received an Email from FedEx that a shipment was headed
my way from MCS. They got the call at 4:40pm asking for
the pickup. FedEx is estimating a Sep 6th delivery.
Nothing directly from Monarch, yet.

That seems like good service so far, I've seen better but
this is in line with the upper 10% at least. The overall time
involved is probably being impacted by "Katrina's" path
being in between MSC and me. I'll try and layout the times
for each stage of the process, when this is finished.
/Ken

> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>>> Its now Monday evening, over 2 business days since my RMAed
>>> vid card was signed for; and nothing from Monarch. No
>>> acknowledgment e-mail, nothing.
>>> /Ken 29 Aug 2005
>>>

>> Well I just got an Email :
>>
>> "This should ship anytime from today to Friday at the latest.
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Charles H.
>> Monarch Computer Systems"
>>
>> So there is someone home, and while it shouldn't take
>> them a week, after they have received an item, to ship its
>> replacement; this seems a reasonable response. My
>> guess is that the support staff could use a little more
>> support, but that's pretty typical. There is little realization
>> that High Tech Consumers tend to select a few
>> TRUSTED vendors, to deal with. We have been burned
>> in the past and appreciate vendors like NewEgg, and
>> maybe Monarch.
>> /Ken
>>

> Ok. it's now Wednesday Aug 31.
> I received an Email from FedEx that a shipment was headed
> my way from MCS. They got the call at 4:40pm asking for
> the pickup. FedEx is estimating a Sep 6th delivery.
> Nothing directly from Monarch, yet.
>
> That seems like good service so far, I've seen better but
> this is in line with the upper 10% at least. The overall time
> involved is probably being impacted by "Katrina's" path
> being in between MSC and me. I'll try and layout the times
> for each stage of the process, when this is finished.
> /Ken

Thursday morning and I received an Email from MCS
confirming the shipment of a card.
/Ken

> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>>> Well I just got an Email :
>>>
>>> "This should ship anytime from today to Friday at the latest.
>>>

>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Charles H.
>>> Monarch Computer Systems"
>>>
>>> So there is someone home, and while it shouldn't take
>>> them a week, after they have received an item, to ship its
>>> replacement; this seems a reasonable response. My
>>> guess is that the support staff could use a little more
>>> support, but that's pretty typical. There is little realization
>>> that High Tech Consumers tend to select a few
>>> TRUSTED vendors, to deal with. We have been burned
>>> in the past and appreciate vendors like NewEgg, and
>>> maybe Monarch.
>>> /Ken
>>>

>> Ok. it's now Wednesday Aug 31.
>> I received an Email from FedEx that a shipment was headed
>> my way from MCS. They got the call at 4:40pm asking for
>> the pickup. FedEx is estimating a Sep 6th delivery.
>> Nothing directly from Monarch, yet.
>>
>> That seems like good service so far, I've seen better but
>> this is in line with the upper 10% at least. The overall time
>> involved is probably being impacted by "Katrina's" path
>> being in between MSC and me. I'll try and layout the times
>> for each stage of the process, when this is finished.
>> /Ken
>>

> Thursday morning and I received an Email from MCS
> confirming the shipment of a card.
> /Ken

Friday afternoon and a replacement card is here, now
that's quick. Hopefully I'll be back soon to report it all
working, well. If so, I'll tabulate the times then.
/Ken

> Friday afternoon and a replacement card is here, now
> that's quick. Hopefully I'll be back soon to report it all
> working, well. If so, I'll tabulate the times then.
> /Ken

Ok; it took 2 business days from my RMA request until
MCS RMA number was issued and RMA instructions
provided via Email.

Once they had my bad card, it took 5 business days to
send out the replacement card for shipping.

The total time including shipping = 15 days.

All in All pretty good response.

Now as to the card they sent me, It is functioning but has
its own problems. Compared with the board it replaced
this one is running a lot hotter and required setting the fan
response way up to keep it going in Far Cry. A short test
in Doom 3, were it functioned alright, provided some weird
corruption to the desktop upon leaving. This was a sorta
psychedelic effect, nothing like the problem with the old card.

While this card is functioning I have some doubts that it
will remain so, well I'll just have to wait and see. I wish that
this could have ended with definite results, but at least the
process times may be helpful.

Luck;
Ken

coup

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2004

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:41:02 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
<kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>

>> Friday afternoon and a replacement card is here, now
>> that's quick. Hopefully I'll be back soon to report it all
>> working, well. If so, I'll tabulate the times then.
>> /Ken
>>

>Ok; it took 2 business days from my RMA request until
>MCS RMA number was issued and RMA instructions
>provided via Email.
>
>Once they had my bad card, it took 5 business days to
>send out the replacement card for shipping.
>
>The total time including shipping = 15 days.
>
> All in All pretty good response.
>

> Now as to the card they sent me, It is functioning but has
>its own problems. Compared with the board it replaced
>this one is running a lot hotter and required setting the fan
>response way up to keep it going in Far Cry. A short test
>in Doom 3, were it functioned alright, provided some weird
>corruption to the desktop upon leaving. This was a sorta
>psychedelic effect, nothing like the problem with the old card.
>
> While this card is functioning I have some doubts that it
>will remain so, well I'll just have to wait and see. I wish that
>this could have ended with definite results, but at least the
>process times may be helpful.
>
>Luck;
> Ken

Tune in next week when Ken starts reporting the quality of his bowel
movements to the world ....