j.v.c digital video camera

Hi
Could someone please tell me it possible to download my video's to windows
movie player.After installing the camera I went to/ scanners and camera's/
and my video camera was not there I have found out since that the camera
goes directly into the programme that came with it image mixer but widows
media player or windows media encoder when I try to import my video from
image mixer say what is below this

..
The file D:\Documents and Settings\viv \My
Documents\My Videos\Cap0005.MPG is not valid because it does not contain any
information.

I am using windows XP home and I am using a USB port to download its a jvc
digitalvideo camera gr-d60ek

any help would be appreciated.
thanks viv

Use a firewire cable for videos, the USB is for transfer of still images.
www.coribright.com