Schedule FM Record Working

I can record from FM using the red button but a scheduled
recording dowsn't work. Is this something that doesn't work
yet?

I am using the recently released ATI software that gets the
stations above 102 MHz.
--
Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"

I recently purchased an ATI AIW X600 Pro PCI Express.

One of the advertised features is a built in FM tuner.
Too bad the software for the FM tuner doesn't appear to be
ready for beta test, let alone shipping.

If composite or S-video was selected last, that is the
audio that is heard on FM.

Sometimes I have to disconnect the FM antenna to get good
reception. Apparently the tuner is still connected to the
TV antenna. Other times the FM antenna must be connected.

To top it off, scheduled FM record doesn't seem to do anything.

--

In article <pan.2005.08.14.16.03.57.308003@omen.com>,
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf@omen.com> wrote:

> I recently purchased an ATI AIW X600 Pro PCI Express.
>
> One of the advertised features is a built in FM tuner.
> Too bad the software for the FM tuner doesn't appear to be
> ready for beta test, let alone shipping.
>
> If composite or S-video was selected last, that is the
> audio that is heard on FM.
>
> Sometimes I have to disconnect the FM antenna to get good
> reception. Apparently the tuner is still connected to the
> TV antenna. Other times the FM antenna must be connected.
>
> To top it off, scheduled FM record doesn't seem to do anything.

I use FM recording on a 9600XT without any problem. So I doubt the
software itself has a problem. I also do several TV recordings and all
switching is as programmed (both TV and FM).

I think I am using a version of the software where audio was still being
routed through the soundcard line in rather than the PCI bus. My version
probably just predates this move. I do not know if this is or is not an
issue for you.

Roland

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:55:24 -0500, Joe Doe wrote:

> In article <pan.2005.08.14.16.03.57.308003@omen.com>,
> Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf@omen.com> wrote:
>
>> I recently purchased an ATI AIW X600 Pro PCI Express.
>>
>> One of the advertised features is a built in FM tuner.
>> Too bad the software for the FM tuner doesn't appear to be
>> ready for beta test, let alone shipping.
>>
>> If composite or S-video was selected last, that is the
>> audio that is heard on FM.
>>
>> Sometimes I have to disconnect the FM antenna to get good
>> reception. Apparently the tuner is still connected to the
>> TV antenna. Other times the FM antenna must be connected.
>>
>> To top it off, scheduled FM record doesn't seem to do anything.
>

> I use FM recording on a 9600XT without any problem. So I doubt the
> software itself has a problem. I also do several TV recordings and all
> switching is as programmed (both TV and FM).
>
> I think I am using a version of the software where audio was still being
> routed through the soundcard line in rather than the PCI bus. My version
> probably just predates this move. I do not know if this is or is not an
> issue for you.

The AIW X600 PRO card has what appears to be an audio
connector on it, but it doesn't appear to do anything.
The manual doesn't even show it.

The manual shows an outside cable from the X600 to the
sound board's line in. But the manual
does not discuss this connection, and the initialization
"wizard" no longer gives any choices for audio.

Oh by the way, the FM reception is mono even when the ATI
display proudly proclaims STEREO.

--
Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 FAX 629-0665

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf@omen.com> wrote:
> I recently purchased an ATI AIW X600 Pro PCI Express.
>
> One of the advertised features is a built in FM tuner.
> Too bad the software for the FM tuner doesn't appear to be
> ready for beta test, let alone shipping.

The legendary Chuck Forsberg! Hey, I still think zmodem rules :)

Anyway, I have the same video card, and am also not too pleased with the
FM tuner part. It seems to work, but audio is a bit low on any station I
select.

> If composite or S-video was selected last, that is the
> audio that is heard on FM.

I have to test that out to see if I experience the same issue.

> Sometimes I have to disconnect the FM antenna to get good
> reception. Apparently the tuner is still connected to the
> TV antenna. Other times the FM antenna must be connected.
>
> To top it off, scheduled FM record doesn't seem to do anything.

I noticed that whenever I start the FM tuner application, it always
buffers whatever I am listening to into a file somewhere in the
application data\ati directory. It takes up disk space, and whenever I
close the application I always end up deleting that file, to conserve
space.
There are other issues regarding the WDM drivers and compatibility with
other programs, but I won't get into that here :) you can easily google
my posts about it.

I do agree with you though, about the ati software. I have been a fan of
ati for a while, and used their video cards in the past, but I have never
had any major problem with them, until I got this aiw x600 pro.

Anyway, it's nice to see you around these days!

--
William D. Katz "a good skier"

Internet: wkatz@nyx.net