ATI AIW 9600XT

I have the above referenced card and am considering getting a 2001FP. Does
this card support DVI? And is D-SUB the same as DVI?

Thanks
hark

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Harkhof" <hark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have the above referenced card and am considering getting a 2001FP. Does
>this card support DVI? And is D-SUB the same as DVI?
>
> Thanks
> hark
No. The 9600XT AIW does NOT have a DVI port but offers dual VGA out. Upside:
Most higher quality LCD panels look about as good running with analog input.
I've got a newer Dell 17" FP with both DVI and analog inputs and it's
difficult to tell the difference between the two. The D-Sub 15 is the
standard VGA analog input. YMMV.

"Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net> wrote in message

> "Harkhof" <hark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have the above referenced card and am considering getting a 2001FP. Does
>>this card support DVI? And is D-SUB the same as DVI?
>>
>> Thanks
>> hark
> No. The 9600XT AIW does NOT have a DVI port but offers dual VGA out.
> Upside: Most higher quality LCD panels look about as good running with
> analog input. I've got a newer Dell 17" FP with both DVI and analog inputs
> and it's difficult to tell the difference between the two. The D-Sub 15 is
> the standard VGA analog input. YMMV.

Thanks, Aug.