ATI AIW 9600XT

I have the above referenced card and am considering getting a 2001FP. Does
this card support DVI? And is D-SUB the same as DVI?

Thanks
hark
2 answers Last reply
More about 9600xt

    "Harkhof" <hark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have the above referenced card and am considering getting a 2001FP. Does
    >this card support DVI? And is D-SUB the same as DVI?
    >
    > Thanks
    > hark
    No. The 9600XT AIW does NOT have a DVI port but offers dual VGA out. Upside:
    Most higher quality LCD panels look about as good running with analog input.
    I've got a newer Dell 17" FP with both DVI and analog inputs and it's
    difficult to tell the difference between the two. The D-Sub 15 is the
    standard VGA analog input. YMMV.

    "Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net> wrote in message

    > "Harkhof" <hark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I have the above referenced card and am considering getting a 2001FP. Does
    >>this card support DVI? And is D-SUB the same as DVI?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> hark
    > No. The 9600XT AIW does NOT have a DVI port but offers dual VGA out.
    > Upside: Most higher quality LCD panels look about as good running with
    > analog input. I've got a newer Dell 17" FP with both DVI and analog inputs
    > and it's difficult to tell the difference between the two. The D-Sub 15 is
    > the standard VGA analog input. YMMV.

    Thanks, Aug.

Radeon Support DVI ATI Graphics