HELP XP Pro cannot login!!

I purchased my replaced laptop from my employer to give to my son. It has
always logged into the domain at work. Brought it home, logged in with same
credentials even though no domain available, accessed home wireless network,
no problem, working fine. Used network setup wizard, changed button from "I
log into a domain at work" to "Just a home network", changed workgroup to
"HOME". It made me restart, now I cannot login with any combination of
user/pass. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE !!!
2 answers Last reply
More about help login

    I've got the local admin user/pwd, it no longer works... something to do
    with the lack of domain name?

    Exhausted wrote:

    > I've got the local admin user/pwd, it no longer works... something to
    > do with the lack of domain name?

    You need to log on locally. The drop-down option should show you the
    domain name and the local computer ("This Computer"). However, the
    smartest thing with a used computer is to format and clean install
    Windows.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers