HELP XP Pro cannot login!!

Tags:
  • Domain
  • Windows XP
August 19, 2005 5:39:03 PM

I purchased my replaced laptop from my employer to give to my son. It has
always logged into the domain at work. Brought it home, logged in with same
credentials even though no domain available, accessed home wireless network,
no problem, working fine. Used network setup wizard, changed button from "I
log into a domain at work" to "Just a home network", changed workgroup to
"HOME". It made me restart, now I cannot login with any combination of
user/pass. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE !!!

More about : pro login

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 6:57:01 PM

I've got the local admin user/pwd, it no longer works... something to do
with the lack of domain name?

"eli" wrote:

> If you are lucky, your network admin at work will know what the local administrator account ID and password is.
> Eli

> I purchased my replaced laptop from my employer to give to my son. It has
> always logged into the domain at work. Brought it home, logged in with same
> credentials even though no domain available, accessed home wireless network,
> no problem, working fine. Used network setup wizard, changed button from "I
> log into a domain at work" to "Just a home network", changed workgroup to
> "HOME". It made me restart, now I cannot login with any combination of
> user/pass. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE !!!

August 19, 2005 9:32:10 PM

Exhausted wrote:

> I've got the local admin user/pwd, it no longer works... something to
> do with the lack of domain name?

You need to log on locally. The drop-down option should show you the
domain name and the local computer ("This Computer"). However, the
smartest thing with a used computer is to format and clean install
Windows.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers