Quadro or Radeon

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 10, 2005 12:22:48 PM

We are running AutoCAD and Revit. 3D and 2D stuff. I am wondering which
would be better? An NVIDIA Quadro FX700 w/128 meg of ram. or An Radeon
X800XL 256MB. Is the Radeon going to be able to keep up with the Quadro as
far as 3D? I don't know if more ram necessarily means faster in this case.
The Quadro is kind of the middle of the road graphics card (not to mention
one of the few AGP's out there).

Any suggestions? I really can't go above 375 to 400 dollars.

More about : quadro radeon

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 1:55:08 PM

"Greg" <greg@vc.net> wrote in message
> We are running AutoCAD and Revit. 3D and 2D stuff. I am wondering which
> would be better? An NVIDIA Quadro FX700 w/128 meg of ram. or An Radeon
> X800XL 256MB. Is the Radeon going to be able to keep up with the Quadro as
> far as 3D? I don't know if more ram necessarily means faster in this case.
> The Quadro is kind of the middle of the road graphics card (not to mention
> one of the few AGP's out there).
>
> Any suggestions? I really can't go above 375 to 400 dollars.
I actually have a preference for Quadro's when it comes to professional
applications, I've had bad experiences with gaming cards and the ATI FireGL
V3100 (Artefacts, z-buffer<sp?> rays?).
Professional video cards drivers are certified for the applications you are
running and the driver developers will ensure the stability of the card etc.

A plus is that the Quadro's will run other 'lunch-break' software nicely as
opposed to the 3DLabs.

--
Luc Monod
Patt-Technologies, Inc.

check in the autodesk NG's via their site www.autodesk.com or use a
newsgroup reader to access discussion.autodesk.com. That is often
discussed.

!