Install apps with 'switch user'

I always log out and log in as admin to install or configure anything, but
I wonder if that's still necessary. Does it lead to trouble if you use
switch-user to log in as admin, assuming you know a reboot won't be needed?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.

Hi Tom
Another option would be to use the "run as" service. Hold down the
shift key and right-click the add/remove programs applet in control
panel, then click run as, you will be given the option to run the
program as another user such as the administrator. This works with most
programs and shortcuts.
Cheers