Run dialog box problems

Hi, i was wondering if anyone out there could help me with my run dialog box
problems...i recently used the gpedit.msc command to disable the run dialog
box, what i did not know however, was that it disabled it to ALL the users,
including the Administrator and all my backup operator user accounts...so now
i have no way to go back and undo what i did....is there a way to get to the
registry OTHER than the run box??? thanks
mike
1 answer Last reply
More about dialog problems

    gpedit.msc is not the registry, it's the Group Policy Editor.

    Open Windows Explorerer and navigate to >>
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpedit.msc
    Double click gpedit.msc.

    It should also be on the Start Menu.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

    And in the Control Panel.
    Start | Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools

    regedit.exe is the Registry Editor.
    C:\Windows\System32\regedit.exe

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:C894DED9-B2AB-47D0-A636-3A5EBAC9EF14@microsoft.com,
    ansobu <ansobu@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi, i was wondering if anyone out there could help me with my run dialog
    > box problems...i recently used the gpedit.msc command to disable the run
    > dialog box, what i did not know however, was that it disabled it to ALL
    > the users, including the Administrator and all my backup operator user
    > accounts...so now i have no way to go back and undo what i did....is
    > there a way to get to the registry OTHER than the run box??? thanks
    > mike

Security Microsoft Dialog Command Prompt Windows XP