Fuji MX 700 dead battery

I had this camera stored for some time (about 18 months) the battery was
discharged and out of the camera. Not used that much since new and the
battery has only been through about 70-80 charge cycles and was used ok
prior to storage. Now I need to use it and the battery appears to be dead,
no charge activity at all, the charger is good because it runs the camera ok
off mains power but obviously that's a bit restrictive for taking outdoor
pictures. I think this camera isn't worth that much now and I don't really
want to buy a new battery so I was wandering if anyone might know of any way
to kick a bit of life back into the battery, its a Fujifilm NP100 lithium
ion and looks in perfect nick, no corrosion on the terminals or anything.
Any advice gratefully received, if its dead, fair enough but if there's
anything I can do to get a bit more life out of it I'd like to give it a
try.
TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about fuji dead battery

    "Nigel" <nd018a0728@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I had this camera stored for some time (about 18 months) the battery was
    > discharged and out of the camera. Not used that much since new and the
    > battery has only been through about 70-80 charge cycles and was used ok
    > prior to storage. Now I need to use it and the battery appears to be dead,
    > no charge activity at all, the charger is good because it runs the camera
    ok
    > off mains power but obviously that's a bit restrictive for taking outdoor
    > pictures. I think this camera isn't worth that much now and I don't really
    > want to buy a new battery so I was wandering if anyone might know of any
    way
    > to kick a bit of life back into the battery, its a Fujifilm NP100 lithium
    > ion and looks in perfect nick, no corrosion on the terminals or anything.
    > Any advice gratefully received, if its dead, fair enough but if there's
    > anything I can do to get a bit more life out of it I'd like to give it a
    > try.
    > TIA

    How long did you leave the battery on the charger, leave it at least 24
    hours before giving up.

    Replacement battery and charger available here.
    http://www.camcorder-battery.org/FUJIFILM/NP-100.HTM

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    Once a LioN battery goes completely dead, it's done...garbage.

    "Nigel" <nd018a0728@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I had this camera stored for some time (about 18 months) the battery was
    > discharged and out of the camera. Not used that much since new and the
    > battery has only been through about 70-80 charge cycles and was used ok
    > prior to storage. Now I need to use it and the battery appears to be dead,
    > no charge activity at all, the charger is good because it runs the camera
    ok
    > off mains power but obviously that's a bit restrictive for taking outdoor
    > pictures. I think this camera isn't worth that much now and I don't really
    > want to buy a new battery so I was wandering if anyone might know of any
    way
    > to kick a bit of life back into the battery, its a Fujifilm NP100 lithium
    > ion and looks in perfect nick, no corrosion on the terminals or anything.
    > Any advice gratefully received, if its dead, fair enough but if there's
    > anything I can do to get a bit more life out of it I'd like to give it a
    > try.
    > TIA

    Thanks for all advice. Its been on continuous charge for over 24 hours now
    and is still dead. Time to admit defeat and send this one for recycling.

    Thanks again.

    "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me> wrote in message
    > Once a LioN battery goes completely dead, it's done...garbage.
    >
    > "Nigel" <nd018a0728@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > I had this camera stored for some time (about 18 months) the battery was
    > > discharged and out of the camera. Not used that much since new and the
    > > battery has only been through about 70-80 charge cycles and was used ok
    > > prior to storage. Now I need to use it and the battery appears to be
    dead,
    > > no charge activity at all, the charger is good because it runs the
    camera
    > ok
    > > off mains power but obviously that's a bit restrictive for taking
    outdoor
    > > pictures. I think this camera isn't worth that much now and I don't
    really
    > > want to buy a new battery so I was wandering if anyone might know of any
    > way
    > > to kick a bit of life back into the battery, its a Fujifilm NP100
    lithium
    > > ion and looks in perfect nick, no corrosion on the terminals or
    anything.
    > > Any advice gratefully received, if its dead, fair enough but if there's
    > > anything I can do to get a bit more life out of it I'd like to give it a
    > > try.
    > > TIA

Cameras Battery Peripherals