another artist finding inspiration in steam

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

another artist finding inspiration in steam

http://img46.exs.cx/img46/8182/valvethirdreich0li.jpg

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

sayNO2steam wrote:
> another artist finding inspiration in steam
>
> http://img46.exs.cx/img46/8182/valvethirdreich0li.jpg

So much for your vow of never insulting anymore. That lasted two days
you sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick freak.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> Has it occurred to you that Valve is not trying to extinguish ethnic
> populations, but is a developer of PC games software?

I think you totally miss the point... Are you jewish ?

Chuck wrote:

>>Has it occurred to you that Valve is not trying to extinguish ethnic
>>populations, but is a developer of PC games software?
>

> I think you totally miss the point... Are you jewish ?

A decent troll! I'll bite...What is the point?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> another artist finding inspiration in steam

I made a mistake assuming you really were going to change your ways and
contribute something a little more meaningful to this group.
It should be extremely clear to everyone now that you are a very sad, lonely
individual who is becoming more unravelled as the days pass.
Your bitterness stems from the fact that you can't buy ANY games or even
download warez versions. So you come to here and bitch about the one thing
you want more desperately than anything else...STEAM+HALF-LIFE 2. But even
if you had them, your piss-poor PC wouldn't be adequate, would it ?
And btw, that link you provided has absolutely nothing to do with "art".

shawk

redTed wrote:
>>another artist finding inspiration in steam
>>

> I made a mistake assuming you really were going to change your ways and
> contribute something a little more meaningful to this group.
> It should be extremely clear to everyone now that you are a very sad, lonely
> individual who is becoming more unravelled as the days pass.
> Your bitterness stems from the fact that you can't buy ANY games or even
> download warez versions. So you come to here and bitch about the one thing
> you want more desperately than anything else...STEAM+HALF-LIFE 2. But even
> if you had them, your piss-poor PC wouldn't be adequate, would it ?
> And btw, that link you provided has absolutely nothing to do with "art".

....so now will you guys kf him too and leave the rest of us blissfully
unaware of the idiot? Be appreciated.

--
"I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour
before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine

"And you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't
believe ya"

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

So how he do that? Where'd he get the picture of the red handled facet,
reduce in size and stick into the other picture?

Scott in Austin MN
"Vader des Vaderlands" <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote in message
> sayNO2steam wrote:
> > another artist finding inspiration in steam
> >
> > http://img46.exs.cx/img46/8182/valvethirdreich0li.jpg
> >

> It's true!
>
> --
> best regards, mat
> np:

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Vader des Vaderlands" <vader@vaderlands.nl> wrote in message
> sayNO2steam wrote:
>> another artist finding inspiration in steam
>>
>> http://img46.exs.cx/img46/8182/valvethirdreich0li.jpg
>>

> It's true!

What is? That the people at Valve are responsible for the murder of 7
million people? Why not compare Valve to Joseph Stalin? He's got the blood
of about 12 million under his belt.

On 23 Feb 2005 06:54:23 -0800, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>> another artist finding inspiration in steam
>>
><SNIP>
>
>Has it occurred to you that Valve is not trying to extinguish ethnic
>populations, but is a developer of PC games software?

Steam may very well save PC Gaming. I wouldn't be overly critical. I
don't find it annoying (yet)... but will if every game published moves
towards their own online distribution/verification system.

JW

James Garvin wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>
>>> Has it occurred to you that Valve is not trying to extinguish ethnic
>>> populations, but is a developer of PC games software?
>>

>> I think you totally miss the point... Are you jewish ?
>

> A decent troll! I'll bite...What is the point?

Gas Valve?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, "Paul Fedorenko" wrote:

you do it and i'll post it the same

for me the perfect comparison is with george orwell "1984"
monopoly, centralization, repression, no freedom, no choice,
no will of your own, only brainwashed dependant submissive
individuals that do what they are told to

steam is george orwell "1984" made reality in the pc game market

--

"Hermann" <hr_hesse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Oh, by the way, feel free to supply academic references after 1993 in
> which
> you even come close to 12 million repression victims during the Stalin
> era.

You're right. It could have been even more. My figure was conservative.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

ELVIS2000 <elvis2000@ElvisLives.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
spoo:
> On 23 Feb 2005 06:54:23 -0800, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> another artist finding inspiration in steam
>>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Has it occurred to you that Valve is not trying to extinguish ethnic
>> populations, but is a developer of PC games software?
>
> Steam may very well save PC Gaming. I wouldn't be overly critical. I
> don't find it annoying (yet)... but will if every game published moves
> towards their own online distribution/verification system.
>
> JW

The thing that annoys me about Steam is that whenever it's running/updating,
it hangs up the rest of my bloody system (or at least makes it run seriously
slowly). And this on a 2100+ Athlon w/512 Megs of RAM and a 1 Gig swap file.
<g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

JC

ELVIS2000 wrote:

> Steam may very well save PC Gaming. I wouldn't be overly critical. I
> don't find it annoying (yet)... but will if every game published moves
> towards their own online distribution/verification system.
>
> JW

You obviously missed the sheer pleasure of a three hour Half Life 2
installation over a dial-up connection. As I never had any particular
interest in playing games online, there really should be an option in
Steam to bypass all of their online foolishness for the benefit of those
of us who actually enjoy playing games "right out of the box".

If Steam is the future of PC gaming, looks like it's time to buy a
console...

STEAM-ing mad!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I havent bought Halflife - its one of those games that to me anyway just
isnt a crucial purchase. I may have bought it by now however if it didnt
have steam. But I can easily do without Halflife 2 and I dont like playing
developers to go to such extremes with my hard earned cash.
Nats

JC wrote:

> You obviously missed the sheer pleasure of a three hour Half Life 2
> installation over a dial-up connection.

Erm, maybe I'm missing something, but: if you knew you only
had a dial-up connection, why didn't you buy Half-Life 2 on CD
rather than over Steam?

P.

BillL

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

"Paul Moloney" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> JC wrote:
>
>> You obviously missed the sheer pleasure of a three hour Half Life 2
>> installation over a dial-up connection.
>
> Erm, maybe I'm missing something, but: if you knew you only
> had a dial-up connection, why didn't you buy Half-Life 2 on CD
> rather than over Steam?
>
> P.

Maye he means the authentication/verification process? I heard of some peeps
having the full CD/DVD package then it taking an age the verify their copy
over Steam.

BillL

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Paul Moloney" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> JC wrote:
>
> > You obviously missed the sheer pleasure of a three hour Half Life 2
> > installation over a dial-up connection.
>
> Erm, maybe I'm missing something, but: if you knew you only
> had a dial-up connection, why didn't you buy Half-Life 2 on CD
> rather than over Steam?
>
> P.

He's refering to the installation verification process. Many people,
on the first day, had to wait hours to get it all verified and unlocked.

You think you could download 5 CD's worth of data in 3 hours on dial-up?

JC

Paul Moloney wrote:
> JC wrote:
>

>>You obviously missed the sheer pleasure of a three hour Half Life 2
>>installation over a dial-up connection.
>

> Erm, maybe I'm missing something, but: if you knew you only
> had a dial-up connection, why didn't you buy Half-Life 2 on CD
> rather than over Steam?
>
> P.

I did. If I had bought it over Steam, it would have been more like a 16
hour installation, probably...

-JC

JC wrote:
> Paul Moloney wrote:
>> JC wrote:
>>

>>> You obviously missed the sheer pleasure of a three hour Half Life 2
>>> installation over a dial-up connection.
>>

>> Erm, maybe I'm missing something, but: if you knew you only
>> had a dial-up connection, why didn't you buy Half-Life 2 on CD
>> rather than over Steam?
>>
>> P.
>>

> I did. If I had bought it over Steam, it would have been more like a
> 16 hour installation, probably...
>
> -JC

dont be so daft thats a completely unrealistic figure... try 16 days. ;-)

--

You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:20:51 -0000, "Paul Moloney"
<paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote:

>JC wrote:
>
>> You obviously missed the sheer pleasure of a three hour Half Life 2
>> installation over a dial-up connection.
>
>Erm, maybe I'm missing something, but: if you knew you only
>had a dial-up connection, why didn't you buy Half-Life 2 on CD
>rather than over Steam?

Installing it through Steam with a dial-up connection would probably
take three weeks, not three hours. Several gigabytes of data, you
know?

"Jim Vieira" <WhiplashrAT@wiDOT.rrDOT.com> wrote in message
> "Paul Moloney" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> JC wrote:
>>
>> > You obviously missed the sheer pleasure of a three hour Half Life 2
>> > installation over a dial-up connection.
>>
>> Erm, maybe I'm missing something, but: if you knew you only
>> had a dial-up connection, why didn't you buy Half-Life 2 on CD
>> rather than over Steam?
>>
>> P.
>
> He's refering to the installation verification process. Many people,
> on the first day, had to wait hours to get it all verified and unlocked.
>
> You think you could download 5 CD's worth of data in 3 hours on dial-up?

I must admit I was pretty pissed off by the time I finished installing and
verifying HL2 (installation was from discs) and I have a 256kb ADSL
connection. In fact this is the only software installation that has taken
longer to do than a clean installation of Win XP (including the time it took
to uninstall Win 98).