drivers - w2k for rage 128 pro

Have a ati card that says: graphics by rage 128 pro. Also has a 'pn
109-67300-00' on the card. Went to the ati site & they have a w2k
driver which says it supports the rage 128 pro BUT when i execute the
program it says doesnt support this card. HELP! TIA
10 answers Last reply
More about drivers rage

    On 14 Aug 2005 19:19:52 -0700, "ted" <n6trf@amsat.org> wrote:

    >Have a ati card that says: graphics by rage 128 pro. Also has a 'pn
    >109-67300-00' on the card. Went to the ati site & they have a w2k
    >driver which says it supports the rage 128 pro BUT when i execute the
    >program it says doesnt support this card. HELP! TIA

    I presume you're using W2K, then, ted? Apart from that, do you have
    the drivers for your mobo chipset - particularly an AGP driver - and
    DirectX installed?

    Patrick

    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

    That older technology card is no longer supported by the newer OS's. Time
    to upgrade to a modern video card.

    --
    DaveW

    "ted" <n6trf@amsat.org> wrote in message
    > Have a ati card that says: graphics by rage 128 pro. Also has a 'pn
    > 109-67300-00' on the card. Went to the ati site & they have a w2k
    > driver which says it supports the rage 128 pro BUT when i execute the
    > program it says doesnt support this card. HELP! TIA

    Oh? By the same token W2K is also an outdated piece of software, five years
    old no less? Enough of this bullshit.

    > That older technology card is no longer supported by the newer OS's. Time
    > to upgrade to a modern video card.
    >
    > --
    > DaveW

    Also had similar problems installing drivers for my RageXL (found it for $10
    on eBay to play MechWarrior 2).

    Try a manual install:

    1. Proceed with the normal install until all the driver files have been
    extracted to a temporary folder, then abort the installation. (See the
    release notes for details)
    2. Go to Device Manager, right click on the video card and select
    Properties -> Driver Tab -> Update driver
    3. Select "find a driver manually", "look for it yourself", "have disk" or
    something along the lines, and point to the temporary folder from step 1
    when prompted.

    "ted" <n6trf@amsat.org> wrote in message
    > Have a ati card that says: graphics by rage 128 pro. Also has a 'pn
    > 109-67300-00' on the card. Went to the ati site & they have a w2k
    > driver which says it supports the rage 128 pro BUT when i execute the
    > program it says doesnt support this card. HELP! TIA

    > That older technology card is no longer supported by the newer OS's.

    Well, my Rage 128 (non-Pro) was made in the last century (1999)
    but, within its limits, it runs fine on XP. Aside from the XP drivers
    from ATI, XP itself comes supplied with two basic drivers for this card.

    > Time to upgrade to a modern video card.

    That's always a true statement but this is no time for anyone to be
    investing in AGP 2. I'll stick with this dinosaur 'till I get a new mobo -
    we're not all bleading-edge gamers.

    --
    Regards,
    Chris Luck

    Yes i have activex 8.1 installed & i do have the mb chipset drivers.
    However the cd that i have says 'rage fury maxx' & the only drivers i
    can find for that are w98.

    > Yes i have activex 8.1 installed & i do have the mb chipset drivers.
    > However the cd that i have says 'rage fury maxx' & the only drivers i
    > can find for that are w98.

    Is it a Fury Pro or Fury Maxx card? The Maxx has 2 GPU's. If it's the
    latter, if I remember right, w2k was never supported because it didn't
    support the dual GPU setup or something like that.

    --

    Simon.

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:29:02 +0100, "Simon Pocock"
    <simon_pocock@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"ted" <n6trf@amsat.org> wrote in message
    >> Yes i have activex 8.1 installed & i do have the mb chipset drivers.
    >> However the cd that i have says 'rage fury maxx' & the only drivers i
    >> can find for that are w98.
    >>
    >Is it a Fury Pro or Fury Maxx card? The Maxx has 2 GPU's. If it's the
    >latter, if I remember right, w2k was never supported because it didn't
    >support the dual GPU setup or something like that.

    Yes, looking at the ATI FAQ for the Rage Fury Maxx, it says (remember
    this was '99):

    " RAGE FURY MAXX currently only supports Windows 98 operating system.
    RAGE FURY MAXX is being introduced in phases, the initial phase
    targets the hardcore gamer, for whom the product was designed. As the
    majority of the gaming market plays in a Windows 98 environment, RAGE
    FURY MAXX has been designed only for Windows 98 support."

    and

    "

    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:29:02 +0100, "Simon Pocock"
    <simon_pocock@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"ted" <n6trf@amsat.org> wrote in message
    >> Yes i have activex 8.1 installed & i do have the mb chipset drivers.
    >> However the cd that i have says 'rage fury maxx' & the only drivers i
    >> can find for that are w98.
    >>
    >Is it a Fury Pro or Fury Maxx card? The Maxx has 2 GPU's. If it's the
    >latter, if I remember right, w2k was never supported because it didn't
    >support the dual GPU setup or something like that.

    Yes, Simon, looking at the Rage Fury Maxx FAQ on the ATI site, it says
    (remeber this was 1999):

    " RAGE FURY MAXX currently only supports Windows 98 operating system.
    RAGE FURY MAXX is being introduced in phases, the initial phase
    targets the hardcore gamer, for whom the product was designed. As the
    majority of the gaming market plays in a Windows 98 environment, RAGE
    FURY MAXX has been designed only for Windows 98 support."

    and

    " RAGE FURY MAXX targets the hardcore gamer - as Windows NT isn't a
    widespread operating system for gaming, RAGE FURY MAXX does not
    support this operating system."

    This _does_ suggest it's not supported in other OSs; neither, as you
    say, ted, does there seem to be a driver available for any other OS
    than W98.

    Look here: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33594979 -
    found a thread on this on the Rage3d boards. Seems there are a couple
    of ways you can get it to work under W2K. Good luck!

    Patrick

    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:42:44 GMT, patrickp
    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:29:02 +0100, "Simon Pocock"
    ><simon_pocock@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"ted" <n6trf@amsat.org> wrote in message
    >>> Yes i have activex 8.1 installed & i do have the mb chipset drivers.
    >>> However the cd that i have says 'rage fury maxx' & the only drivers i
    >>> can find for that are w98.
    >>>
    >>Is it a Fury Pro or Fury Maxx card? The Maxx has 2 GPU's. If it's the
    >>latter, if I remember right, w2k was never supported because it didn't
    >>support the dual GPU setup or something like that.
    >

    >Yes, looking at the ATI FAQ for the Rage Fury Maxx, it says (remember
    >this was '99):
    >
    >" RAGE FURY MAXX currently only supports Windows 98 operating system.
    >RAGE FURY MAXX is being introduced in phases, the initial phase
    >targets the hardcore gamer, for whom the product was designed. As the
    >majority of the gaming market plays in a Windows 98 environment, RAGE
    >FURY MAXX has been designed only for Windows 98 support."
    >
    >and
    >
    >"
    >
    ><patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

    Whoops! Looks like that one got away before it was finished!
    Ignore...

    Patrick

    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics