ATI X800XT PE Opinions

Okay guys. Computer is

Shuttle AN35N MB
1 meg 400mhz memory
Barton 2500 AMD CPU
currently running 9600XT and want to upgrade to X800XT PE.

Mostly use standard apps but main game is Flight Simulator 2004 with a ton
of add-ons including the PMDG747-400 and Ultimate Traffic.

I know the CPU is going to be a bit of a bottleneck, but am I wasting my
money on the Video Card? Your opinions please.
1 answer Last reply
More about x800xt opinions

    "John" <diajohn2@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Okay guys. Computer is
    >
    > Shuttle AN35N MB
    > 1 meg 400mhz memory
    > Barton 2500 AMD CPU
    > currently running 9600XT and want to upgrade to X800XT PE.
    >
    > Mostly use standard apps but main game is Flight Simulator 2004 with a ton
    > of add-ons including the PMDG747-400 and Ultimate Traffic.
    >
    > I know the CPU is going to be a bit of a bottleneck, but am I wasting my
    > money on the Video Card? Your opinions please.

    Probably so. With the 2500+ you would probably not see a lot of difference
    with the x800 or x850 in FS. There are a lot of changes coming along in the
    next several months like the slow death of the AGP and incorporation of
    PCI-E. There are also the new sockets for both AMD and Intel. I would really
    hold off on a major upgrade at this point and save for a system upgrade to
    the new formats and faster processors. You can also bet that the next
    version of FS will follow along, like always, and be a real resource
    hog.......:-). I have the X850 and a P4 S-775 3.6g 2mb L2 with a meg of DDR2
    and do fine with FS 2004, but kind of wish I had held off for a few months
    for faster DDR2 cas speeds and a couple of better MB chipsets that are now
    available.

    Ed

Radeon ATI Graphics