Wireless Networks

I am assuming that to connect to a wireless network requires admin
priviliges? Is there a workaround... I want my users that travel to be able
to connect to hotel wireless networks.. I know the security hazards involved
in connecting to public networks with laptops that will be re-connected to
the corporate network.

Carl
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless networks

    Try reposting to the experts in the Wireless Networking newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Carl Hilton" wrote:

    | I am assuming that to connect to a wireless network requires admin
    | priviliges? Is there a workaround... I want my users that travel to be able
    | to connect to hotel wireless networks.. I know the security hazards involved
    | in connecting to public networks with laptops that will be re-connected to
    | the corporate network.
    |
    | Carl

    Make them members of the Network Configuration Operators group. They can be Power Users and NCO's, at the same time.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eib8qA0pFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    >I am assuming that to connect to a wireless network requires admin
    > priviliges? Is there a workaround... I want my users that travel to be able
    > to connect to hotel wireless networks.. I know the security hazards involved
    > in connecting to public networks with laptops that will be re-connected to
    > the corporate network.
    >

    > Carl

Wireless Security Connection Windows XP