I am assuming that to connect to a wireless network requires admin
priviliges? Is there a workaround... I want my users that travel to be able
to connect to hotel wireless networks.. I know the security hazards involved
in connecting to public networks with laptops that will be re-connected to
the corporate network.

Carl

Try reposting to the experts in the Wireless Networking newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Carl Hilton" wrote:

| I am assuming that to connect to a wireless network requires admin
| priviliges? Is there a workaround... I want my users that travel to be able
| to connect to hotel wireless networks.. I know the security hazards involved
| in connecting to public networks with laptops that will be re-connected to
| the corporate network.
|
| Carl

Make them members of the Network Configuration Operators group. They can be Power Users and NCO's, at the same time.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.