Mcafee Security Suite 7

a b 8 Security
August 22, 2005 6:28:19 PM

I have a problem with the above. Every time I try to update the above service
IE 6 sends an error report and shuts down? Hmm.
--
Bester

More about : mcafee security suite

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 25, 2005 1:08:54 PM

In news:20381504-6DDB-447E-BCA0-CE892F5D9683@microsoft.com,
Bester <Bester@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have a problem with the above. Every time I try to update the above
> service IE 6 sends an error report and shuts down? Hmm.

I'd contact McAfee support or peruse their help pages.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 25, 2005 1:08:55 PM

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:20381504-6DDB-447E-BCA0-CE892F5D9683@microsoft.com,
> Bester <Bester@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> I have a problem with the above. Every time I try to update the above
>> service IE 6 sends an error report and shuts down? Hmm.
>
> I'd contact McAfee support or peruse their help pages.

McAfee used to be a good product at one time several years ago...now it is
just a useless POS.

Bobby
a b 8 Security
August 25, 2005 2:40:30 PM

Not according to this comparison test....

http://www.alcatrazsecurity.net/antivirus-review-p5.sht...

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

news:o CC7SEYqFHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:uiSKcmXqFHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>

>> In news:20381504-6DDB-447E-BCA0-CE892F5D9683@microsoft.com,
>> Bester <Bester@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> I have a problem with the above. Every time I try to update the above
>>> service IE 6 sends an error report and shuts down? Hmm.
>>
>> I'd contact McAfee support or peruse their help pages.
>>
> McAfee used to be a good product at one time several years ago...now it is
> just a useless POS.
>
> Bobby

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 25, 2005 2:40:31 PM

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Not according to this comparison test....
>
> http://www.alcatrazsecurity.net/antivirus-review-p5.sht...
>
> <snip>

Unless Alcatraz has recently been declared "The Gospel,"
it's no different than any other review/reviewer. Each
has its favorite, and least favorite, and no two ever
seem to agree.

Notan
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 25, 2005 2:40:31 PM

> Not according to this comparison test....
>
> http://www.alcatrazsecurity.net/antivirus-review-p5.sht...

The review was of McAfee anti-virus not the security suite. Even in the
review of the anti-virus they have a waring about it using system resources.
I have found both McAfee and Norton to have excellent products at catching
and removing virii and worms. Unfortunately they are both bloated to the
point that they cause a noticable slow down on anything but the very fastest
of systems. If you disable everything but the virus protection they are not
too bad.

Kerry
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 25, 2005 3:25:37 PM

I have used McAfee AV since it first appeared, and the McAfee firewall since
they bought out and converted NeoWatch (NeoWatch 2.4 was a decent product)
into their own product.. never had a problem with them, unlike Norton which
has been slowing down computers for years..

For sure, all of the comparison tests are a little subjective, but I may
look into The Shield.. I have now seen this product get high marks in two
other tests..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User