Asus Radeon 9250 - screen black

I've bought brand new ASUS Radeon A9250 GE and inserted it in my ABIT BH6
mobo's AGP slot - but when I turn the computer on the screen is black. It
doesn't even go off standby. Light on the monitor keeps blinking. I'm
positive nothing got fried because my old VGA still works on this mobo.

I know this mobo is old, but it supports AGP 1X and 2X. That's why I bought
this card as it works with AGP 2X. I really thought this card would work.
The box says it supports AGP 2X interface, as my mobo needs. Is it possible
the card's broken? What should I do?
2 answers Last reply
More about asus radeon 9250 screen black

    Kid-A wrote:
    > I've bought brand new ASUS Radeon A9250 GE and inserted it in my ABIT BH6
    > mobo's AGP slot - but when I turn the computer on the screen is black. It
    > doesn't even go off standby. Light on the monitor keeps blinking. I'm
    > positive nothing got fried because my old VGA still works on this mobo.
    >
    > I know this mobo is old, but it supports AGP 1X and 2X. That's why I bought
    > this card as it works with AGP 2X. I really thought this card would work.
    > The box says it supports AGP 2X interface, as my mobo needs. Is it possible
    > the card's broken? What should I do?

    Perhaps your power supply is not providing enough power to the card.

    "Acid8000" <jeandre@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
    | Kid-A wrote:
    | > I've bought brand new ASUS Radeon A9250 GE and inserted it in my ABIT
    BH6
    | > mobo's AGP slot - but when I turn the computer on the screen is black.
    It
    | > doesn't even go off standby. Light on the monitor keeps blinking. I'm
    | > positive nothing got fried because my old VGA still works on this mobo.
    | >
    | > I know this mobo is old, but it supports AGP 1X and 2X. That's why I
    bought
    | > this card as it works with AGP 2X. I really thought this card would
    work.
    | > The box says it supports AGP 2X interface, as my mobo needs. Is it
    possible
    | > the card's broken? What should I do?
    | >

    | Perhaps your power supply is not providing enough power to the card.

    Perhaps, but I've had a Sapphire's R9200 in there before, which is very
    similar, and it worked fine. But is this what computer acts like when power
    supply is not providing enough power to the card - blank screen, monitor led
    light blinkng?

Radeon Asus Graphics