Asus Radeon 9250 - screen black

I've bought brand new ASUS Radeon A9250 GE and inserted it in my ABIT BH6
mobo's AGP slot - but when I turn the computer on the screen is black. It
doesn't even go off standby. Light on the monitor keeps blinking. I'm
positive nothing got fried because my old VGA still works on this mobo.

I know this mobo is old, but it supports AGP 1X and 2X. That's why I bought
this card as it works with AGP 2X. I really thought this card would work.
The box says it supports AGP 2X interface, as my mobo needs. Is it possible
the card's broken? What should I do?

Kid-A wrote:
> I've bought brand new ASUS Radeon A9250 GE and inserted it in my ABIT BH6
> mobo's AGP slot - but when I turn the computer on the screen is black. It
> doesn't even go off standby. Light on the monitor keeps blinking. I'm
> positive nothing got fried because my old VGA still works on this mobo.
>
> I know this mobo is old, but it supports AGP 1X and 2X. That's why I bought
> this card as it works with AGP 2X. I really thought this card would work.
> The box says it supports AGP 2X interface, as my mobo needs. Is it possible
> the card's broken? What should I do?

Perhaps your power supply is not providing enough power to the card.

"Acid8000" <jeandre@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
| Kid-A wrote:
| > I've bought brand new ASUS Radeon A9250 GE and inserted it in my ABIT
BH6
| > mobo's AGP slot - but when I turn the computer on the screen is black.
It
| > doesn't even go off standby. Light on the monitor keeps blinking. I'm
| > positive nothing got fried because my old VGA still works on this mobo.
| >
| > I know this mobo is old, but it supports AGP 1X and 2X. That's why I
bought
| > this card as it works with AGP 2X. I really thought this card would
work.
| > The box says it supports AGP 2X interface, as my mobo needs. Is it
possible
| > the card's broken? What should I do?
| >

| Perhaps your power supply is not providing enough power to the card.

Perhaps, but I've had a Sapphire's R9200 in there before, which is very
similar, and it worked fine. But is this what computer acts like when power
supply is not providing enough power to the card - blank screen, monitor led
light blinkng?