Bruce

I have a OEM version of Windows installed. Microsoft update nows refusses to
updte as it is not an authentic version.

I have the original disk and registration number.

How do I get this into windows

Troubleshooting:

The Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation check process
does not complete when you try to validate your copy of Windows XP
or Windows 2000 Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905226

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center
pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP