Control Center Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 17, 2005 10:23:30 AM

I'm new to control center as of tonight, after installing 5.8 cats. Aside
from the memory footprint for control center, i'm not too fond of ATI
throwing all of the 3D options together for D3D and OpenGL. When i had
control panel installed, i could set my OpenGL for 4xAA and 8xAF for Medal
of Honor. I could then set D3D settings at No AA, 8xAF for Halo, since Halo
dislikes the AA so much. And i didn't have to worry about changing settings
all the time.. Is there a way i can do this in control center that i'm not
seeing, or will i have to change settings every time i want to play the
other game? I'd like to give this a chance before possibly going back to
using the old control panel.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 3:45:26 AM

"mike" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to control center as of tonight, after installing 5.8 cats. Aside
> from the memory footprint for control center, i'm not too fond of ATI
> throwing all of the 3D options together for D3D and OpenGL. When i had
> control panel installed, i could set my OpenGL for 4xAA and 8xAF for Medal
> of Honor. I could then set D3D settings at No AA, 8xAF for Halo, since
> Halo dislikes the AA so much. And i didn't have to worry about changing
> settings all the time.. Is there a way i can do this in control center
> that i'm not seeing, or will i have to change settings every time i want
> to play the other game? I'd like to give this a chance before possibly
> going back to using the old control panel.

Have you tried ATI Tray Tools? I just downloaded it today and like it a lot.

http://www.radeon2.ru/atitray/

--
Derek
Anonymous

"Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message news:WaWdnYTmT5uQI57eRVnyrA@eclipse.net.uk...
> Have you tried ATI Tray Tools? I just downloaded it today and like it a lot.
>
> http://www.radeon2.ru/atitray/

Looks good. Can it create custom screen resolutions without
installing CCC?
Related resources
August 18, 2005 1:24:42 PM

Derek Baker wrote:
> "mike" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I'm new to control center as of tonight, after installing 5.8 cats. Aside
>>from the memory footprint for control center, i'm not too fond of ATI
>>throwing all of the 3D options together for D3D and OpenGL. When i had
>>control panel installed, i could set my OpenGL for 4xAA and 8xAF for Medal
>>of Honor. I could then set D3D settings at No AA, 8xAF for Halo, since
>>Halo dislikes the AA so much. And i didn't have to worry about changing
>>settings all the time.. Is there a way i can do this in control center
>>that i'm not seeing, or will i have to change settings every time i want
>>to play the other game? I'd like to give this a chance before possibly
>>going back to using the old control panel.
>>

> Have you tried ATI Tray Tools? I just downloaded it today and like it a lot.
>
> http://www.radeon2.ru/atitray/

Does it work with the CCC installed ?

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 7:55:39 PM

"Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
news:D eqdnfqjUd5X2JneRVnysw@pipex.net...
> Does it work with the CCC installed ?

Yep

> --
> Jez, MBA.,
> Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
>
> 'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
> notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
> led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
> that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
> skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
> Howard Zinn

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:36:37 AM

Why do you want CCC? You really like the colors or something? The "bonus"
driver options like toggling Catalyst AI and geometry instancing can be
readily done by ATiTool.

"mike" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to control center as of tonight, after installing 5.8 cats. Aside
> from the memory footprint for control center, i'm not too fond of ATI
> throwing all of the 3D options together for D3D and OpenGL. When i had
> control panel installed, i could set my OpenGL for 4xAA and 8xAF for Medal
> of Honor. I could then set D3D settings at No AA, 8xAF for Halo, since
> Halo dislikes the AA so much. And i didn't have to worry about changing
> settings all the time.. Is there a way i can do this in control center
> that i'm not seeing, or will i have to change settings every time i want
> to play the other game? I'd like to give this a chance before possibly
> going back to using the old control panel.

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 6:19:42 AM

How about custom screen resolutions?

"First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:gZ6dnTmGtPw0FJveRVn-1Q@rogers.com...
> Why do you want CCC? You really like the colors or something? The "bonus"
> driver options like toggling Catalyst AI and geometry instancing can be
> readily done by ATiTool.

> "mike" <sonofzeus26@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I'm new to control center as of tonight, after installing 5.8 cats. Aside
> > from the memory footprint for control center, i'm not too fond of ATI
> > throwing all of the 3D options together for D3D and OpenGL. When i had
> > control panel installed, i could set my OpenGL for 4xAA and 8xAF for Medal
> > of Honor. I could then set D3D settings at No AA, 8xAF for Halo, since
> > Halo dislikes the AA so much. And i didn't have to worry about changing
> > settings all the time.. Is there a way i can do this in control center
> > that i'm not seeing, or will i have to change settings every time i want
> > to play the other game? I'd like to give this a chance before possibly
> > going back to using the old control panel.

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 6:19:43 AM

Powerstrip?

"Tom S" <nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message