How do I, as an administrator in win xp pro, delete desktop items from
limited user accounts? It always tells me i can't.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:4AB569DD-25EC-4298-A2C8-96FA7105C69B@microsoft.com,
BigSteve911 <BigSteve911@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> How do I, as an administrator in win xp pro, delete desktop items from
> limited user accounts? It always tells me i can't.

You shouldn't have to but you can try taking ownership:

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes