half life 1 help !

my game seems to have some faulty files and I cant move on to the next
level, can some one send me over a save from the beginning of "Blast
Pit" level to: humanizm-w-polsce(at)poczta.tp.pl please ?

Humanizm w Polsce wrote:
> my game seems to have some faulty files and I cant move on to the
next
> level, can some one send me over a save from the beginning of "Blast
> Pit" level to: humanizm-w-polsce(at)poczta.tp.pl please ?

Where are you stuck? maybe we can help resolve the problem?

"Kill the marines and go up the stairs. At the uppermost level, go right
to a
medical station. Now go left, cross the bridge and you'll find another room
with marines. Kill them and get the batteries from the crates. Use the
medical
station and go up the elevator."

here the game hangs when I am half-way inside the elevator

shawk

Humanizm w Polsce wrote:
> "Kill the marines and go up the stairs. At the uppermost level, go right
> to a
> medical station. Now go left, cross the bridge and you'll find another room
> with marines. Kill them and get the batteries from the crates. Use the
> medical
> station and go up the elevator."
>
> here the game hangs when I am half-way inside the elevator

Hangs in what way? You can't move but your health goes down until you
die? If so that's the famous elevator bug that can (usually) be solved
by crouching or jumping. See:

http://www.asnivor.com/hlfaq/hlfaq.htm#Stuck%20On%20Elevator

If not then asnivors faq does have a lot of solutions to problems.
Worth having a look.

--
"I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour
before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine

"And you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't
believe ya"

> Hangs in what way? You can't move but your health goes down until you
> die? If so that's the famous elevator bug that can (usually) be solved
> by crouching or jumping. See:
>
> http://www.asnivor.com/hlfaq/hlfaq.htm#Stuck%20On%20Elevator
>
> If not then asnivors faq does have a lot of solutions to problems.
> Worth having a look.

Factual correction: It's not Asnivor's FAQ, it's HQH's FAQ posted by Asnivor
(and many other sites). Some of us still remember HQH being in this NG, and we
wouldn't want it miscredited :)

The solution is correct though :)

--
Paul

Yep, I've missed him ever since he quit the group... He was a real
jewel... Worked hard on that FAQ he did.... Hope he realized his grand
desires... As bright as he was I'm sure he did...

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:09:24 -0000, "Paul Catley"
<paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Factual correction: It's not Asnivor's FAQ, it's HQH's FAQ posted by Asnivor
>(and many other sites). Some of us still remember HQH being in this NG, and we
>wouldn't want it miscredited :)
>
>The solution is correct though :)

Jack Harney
AKA "Cannon Fodder"
AKA "Grumpy Old Fart
AKA "Certified Senior Curmudgeon"
From Civ - 5 "I have the cultural tact of a Cuban Pig" Points.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll
drag you down to their level and beat
you with experience..."

shawk

Paul Catley wrote:
> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>
>>Hangs in what way? You can't move but your health goes down until you
>>die? If so that's the famous elevator bug that can (usually) be solved
>>by crouching or jumping. See:
>>
>>http://www.asnivor.com/hlfaq/hlfaq.htm#Stuck%20On%20Elevator
>>
>>If not then asnivors faq does have a lot of solutions to problems.
>>Worth having a look.
>

> Factual correction: It's not Asnivor's FAQ, it's HQH's FAQ posted by Asnivor
> (and many other sites). Some of us still remember HQH being in this NG, and we
> wouldn't want it miscredited :)
>
> The solution is correct though :)
>
> --
> Paul

It is indeed. Credited to HQH both on Asnivors site and in the 'Welcome
to AGHL' thread. Obviously need to consider glasses. Ta for the heads up.

--

"Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> blabbered in

> Factual correction: It's not Asnivor's FAQ, it's HQH's FAQ posted by
> Asnivor (and many other sites). Some of us still remember HQH being
> in this NG, and we wouldn't want it miscredited :)

Indeed. As much as I wish it was my work, I'm far too lazy for that sort
of business.

Asnivor
(alt.games.half-life)

"You know.....for kids!"

http://www.asnivor.com/
(Home of AGHL-Trek, and other photoshop monstrosities)

http://www.asnivor.com/hlfaq/hlfaq.htm
(Temp mirror of HQH's unofficial HL FAQ)

Asnivor wrote:

> Indeed. As much as I wish it was my work, I'm far too lazy for that
> sort of business.

S'ok, Asni, I wasn't suggesting that you were taking credit for it - HQH's name
is clearly on it, and in fact it doesn't look like it has changed a bit :)

Nice to see you in here. Come to think of it, it's nice to see me in here :)
Blame it on WoW...

--
Paul

>You can't move but your health goes down until you die?

That is exactly what I get (just after a loading), and neither crouching
nor jumping helps. Can not find the solution. Any ideas?

"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote
> It is indeed. Credited to HQH both on Asnivors site and in the 'Welcome
> to AGHL' thread. Obviously need to consider glasses. Ta for the heads
up.

What, the FAQ which has never helped anybody and contains no questions ever
asked in here?
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

"Humanizm w Polsce" <none@wp.pl> wrote
> >You can't move but your health goes down until you die?
>
> That is exactly what I get (just after a loading), and neither crouching
> nor jumping helps. Can not find the solution. Any ideas?

It's a common bug. Try loading earlier saves, also try jumping *right*
before the loading screen appears, so you are still in the air when it
recommences.
--

David Firewater wrote:
> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote
>
>>It is indeed. Credited to HQH both on Asnivors site and in the 'Welcome
>>to AGHL' thread. Obviously need to consider glasses. Ta for the heads
>
> up.
>
> What, the FAQ which has never helped anybody and contains no questions ever
> asked in here?

That's the one. The one that takes away freedom and imposes things on
the group. Must be a slip up eh?

--
"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our weapon is
surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are

>try jumping *right* before the loading screen appears

that's helped, thanks !

"Humanizm w Polsce" <none@wp.pl> wrote
> >try jumping *right* before the loading screen appears
>
> that's helped, thanks !

No problem. Please call again and remember to keep your receipt.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

Yeah, thats the one. How could anyone ever be helped by a list of questions?

Civilian_Target

David Firewater wrote:

> What, the FAQ which has never helped anybody and contains no questions ever
> asked in here?

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

Paul Catley wrote:
> Asnivor wrote:
>>
>> Indeed. As much as I wish it was my work, I'm far too lazy for that
>> sort of business.
>
> S'ok, Asni, I wasn't suggesting that you were taking credit for it -
> HQH's name is clearly on it, and in fact it doesn't look like it has
> changed a bit :)
>
> Nice to see you in here. Come to think of it, it's nice to see me in
> here :) Blame it on WoW...

Am i right in thinking your Johnny_Ace?

"Civilian_Target" wrote

> Yeah, thats the one. How could anyone ever be helped by a list of
> questions?

Well if you're into some Jeopardy stuff it'd be nice to know all the
questions

:) Peter

Jimbob wrote:

> Am i right in thinking your Johnny_Ace?

Arrr, that be me moniker.

(I just mistyped "moniker" and it came out as "monkier". Freudian, I reckon)

--
Paul (Johnny_Ace)

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

Paul Catley wrote:
> (I just mistyped "moniker" and it came out as "monkier". Freudian, I
> reckon)

Maybe, or maybe you were itching to reply! ;)

Paul Catley wrote:

>>Am i right in thinking your Johnny_Ace?
>

> Arrr, that be me moniker.
>
> (I just mistyped "moniker" and it came out as "monkier". Freudian, I reckon)

"monkier" - is that how Johnny Vegas would sound if he was from East
Anglia? :)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

All these modern celebrities are endorsing supermarket products now...
I got a pack of sausages from Tesco the other day and there was this
picture of Anthony Worral Thompson on the front. Below, it read 'prick
with a fork'.

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

Ben Cottrell wrote:
> "monkier" - is that how Johnny Vegas would sound if he was from East
> Anglia? :)

Haha..speaking of the geezer, i'm really impressed with his show on BBC3
'Ideal'. Great stuff. :)

Jimbob wrote:

>>"monkier" - is that how Johnny Vegas would sound if he was from East
>>Anglia? :)
>

> Haha..speaking of the geezer, i'm really impressed with his show on BBC3
> 'Ideal'. Great stuff. :)

Hrm, great.. When do the rest of the license fee payers get to see it
then? :/

--

Ben Cottrell wrote:
> Jimbob wrote:
>
>>> "monkier" - is that how Johnny Vegas would sound if he was from East
>>> Anglia? :)
>>

>> Haha..speaking of the geezer, i'm really impressed with his show on
>> BBC3 'Ideal'. Great stuff. :)
>
> Hrm, great.. When do the rest of the license fee payers get to see it
> then? :/

Get yourself one of those digi box thingamijig's! :)