Group Policy "Hide specified Control Panel applets" not wo..

Hi,

Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?

--
Regards,

Arie Slob.
5 answers Last reply
More about group policy hide control panel applets

    Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Arie Slob"wrote:

    | Hi,
    |
    | Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
    | Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
    |
    | --
    | Regards,
    |
    | Arie Slob.

    Thanks Carey,

    I had checked newsgroups containing .windowsxp. so didn't notice there was a
    specific group for GP.

    --
    Regards,

    Arie Slob.

    > Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Arie Slob"wrote:
    >
    > | Hi,
    > |
    > | Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
    > | Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
    > |
    > | --
    > | Regards,
    > |
    > | Arie Slob.

    Hi Arie,

    The Network connections folder is actually a Shell folder (though the CPL
    applet is there to launch it quickly), and one way to hide the Network
    Connections applet is to add the GUID {7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}
    to NonEnum.

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/85853.asp

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Arie Slob" <arieslob@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
    > Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Arie Slob.

    Thanks Ramesh, that works.

    --
    Regards,

    Arie Slob.

    > Hi Arie,
    >
    > The Network connections folder is actually a Shell folder (though the CPL
    > applet is there to launch it quickly), and one way to hide the Network
    > Connections applet is to add the GUID
    > {7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E} to NonEnum.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/85853.asp
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Arie Slob" <arieslob@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
    >> Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Arie Slob.

    You're welcome Arie.

    --

    > Thanks Ramesh, that works.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Arie Slob.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi Arie,
    >>
    >> The Network connections folder is actually a Shell folder (though the CPL
    >> applet is there to launch it quickly), and one way to hide the Network
    >> Connections applet is to add the GUID
    >> {7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E} to NonEnum.
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/85853.asp
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Arie Slob" <arieslob@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
    >>> Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Arie Slob.

Control Panel Policy Microsoft Windows XP