Windows Xp Firewall and outgoing packets

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hello,

I'm looking for a windows (xp) firewall wich can be launched as a
service (or in userland , but not killabled) and wich can block
outgoing packets.
I've already try the microsoft windows xp sp2 integrated firewall but
it can't block outgoing connection.

Why in a service ? Because i don't want users change settings or be
prompted for the connections. Especially when they are in a examination
(and i don't want them to cheat :).

Thank you !!!

JohnSmith

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

In <1124812497.361182.107200@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Guillaume" <hotplug@gmail.com> writes:
>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for a windows (xp) firewall wich can be launched as a
>service (or in userland , but not killabled) and wich can block
>outgoing packets.
>I've already try the microsoft windows xp sp2 integrated firewall but
>it can't block outgoing connection.
>
>Why in a service ? Because i don't want users change settings or be
>prompted for the connections. Especially when they are in a examination
>(and i don't want them to cheat :).

In my classroom I have a bastion gateway to the LAN, running a rule based firewall
and web proxy. This gives me total control.