Is there an easy way to eliminate having to click on your name as the
Admiistrator before your computer will boot up to the desktop? It remembers
my password and I have no others authorized so it is really meaningless as
anyone could just click on my name. This is a home computer and I have no
reason to have to do this. Thanks.

Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
Highlight the account you want logged on automatically
Uncheck Users must enter a username..................
Click Apply
In the next dialog, enter the password for the account you chose earlier, if any.
Ok your way out.

Note: Running as the Administrator account, with no password is a very, Very, VERY bad idea! Virus and malware files run under the user credentials and can do anything you can.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Mike in Minnesota" <Mike in Minnesota@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2CEA68-79E1-4005-8084-6723F2D095F4@microsoft.com...
> Is there an easy way to eliminate having to click on your name as the
> Admiistrator before your computer will boot up to the desktop? It remembers
> my password and I have no others authorized so it is really meaningless as
> anyone could just click on my name. This is a home computer and I have no
> reason to have to do this. Thanks.

Gordon

Mike in Minnesota wrote:
> Is there an easy way to eliminate having to click on your name as the
> Admiistrator

I hope that by that you don't mean "THE" administrator account - it is NOT
good practice to use the built-in Administrator account for day to day use.
If it gets corrupted then the ONLY way into your machine would be a repair
install of XP. Create a User account with admin rights and use that on a day
to day basis.