X800 Series Max Settings

I just received a Sapphire X800 Pro (non-VIVO) and a Zalman VF-700 Cu vga
cooler. What kind of max settings on Core and Mem are people with similar
seeing? I'm getting around 520 on core and haven't found the ceiling yet on
memory when I quit at 535(1070). Also, I used an old Artifacts 5 tester app
to determine these. Is there a better artifacts/stress tester app out there?
TIA,

Ron

Try AtiTool.The artifact tester is great,i had a white dot appearing when i
reached 1225 for mem on my x850pro.
When going for highest core the system freezes and after reboot it says the
last speed before crashing.

"Ron Krebs" <rkrebs11@verizon.net> schreef in bericht
> I just received a Sapphire X800 Pro (non-VIVO) and a Zalman VF-700 Cu vga
> cooler. What kind of max settings on Core and Mem are people with similar
> seeing? I'm getting around 520 on core and haven't found the ceiling yet
on
> memory when I quit at 535(1070). Also, I used an old Artifacts 5 tester
app
> to determine these. Is there a better artifacts/stress tester app out
there?
> TIA,
>
> Ron

Thanks Flow. But does one setting affect the other. I mean, if the app is
testing for your max mem while your core is at stock, would you get a higher
mem if your core was at its maximum? I will try ATI tool but I found a max
settings tester app that came with the Redline CD with the Sapphire card and
I tested overnight for the mem and it said this morning that 1142 was
tops(571.5). Is this inline for my type of card? Does the 850 Pro use
faster memory? Or do you use active cooling(water)? Thanks again for the
response.

Ron

"Flow" <Flowing@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Try AtiTool.The artifact tester is great,i had a white dot appearing when
> reached 1225 for mem on my x850pro.
> When going for highest core the system freezes and after reboot it says
the
> last speed before crashing.
>

> "Ron Krebs" <rkrebs11@verizon.net> schreef in bericht
> > I just received a Sapphire X800 Pro (non-VIVO) and a Zalman VF-700 Cu
vga
> > cooler. What kind of max settings on Core and Mem are people with
similar
> > seeing? I'm getting around 520 on core and haven't found the ceiling
yet
> on
> > memory when I quit at 535(1070). Also, I used an old Artifacts 5 tester
> app
> > to determine these. Is there a better artifacts/stress tester app out
> there?
> > TIA,
> >
> > Ron

I don't use active cooling,and i found the redline max mem/core finder not
working like i wanted it to.
I don't know if 1 effects the other in terms of balancing the speeds,but i
found on my card that core above 580 locks my system sooner then later.
So setting it at the max core that's stable i then go for the max
memory,they don't seem to influence eachother as far as i can determine now.
I wont get higher memory clocks with a lower core setting.
When i set my fan at 100% it will take about 3 degrees celcius down on idle
for my videocard,i suppose it runs hot anyway,overclocked or not.

> Thanks Flow. But does one setting affect the other. I mean, if the app
is
> testing for your max mem while your core is at stock, would you get a
higher
> mem if your core was at its maximum? I will try ATI tool but I found a max
> settings tester app that came with the Redline CD with the Sapphire card
and
> I tested overnight for the mem and it said this morning that 1142 was
> tops(571.5). Is this inline for my type of card? Does the 850 Pro use
> faster memory? Or do you use active cooling(water)? Thanks again for the
> response.
>
> Ron
>
> "Flow" <Flowing@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> > Try AtiTool.The artifact tester is great,i had a white dot appearing
when
> > reached 1225 for mem on my x850pro.
> > When going for highest core the system freezes and after reboot it says
> the
> > last speed before crashing.
> >

> > "Ron Krebs" <rkrebs11@verizon.net> schreef in bericht
> > > I just received a Sapphire X800 Pro (non-VIVO) and a Zalman VF-700 Cu
> vga
> > > cooler. What kind of max settings on Core and Mem are people with
> similar
> > > seeing? I'm getting around 520 on core and haven't found the ceiling
> yet
> > on
> > > memory when I quit at 535(1070). Also, I used an old Artifacts 5
tester
> > app
> > > to determine these. Is there a better artifacts/stress tester app out
> > there?
> > > TIA,
> > >
> > > Ron

TRENDING THREADS