Dell Inspiron 580 with win7 home nvidia GT-310 system hangs

ashish_race

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
Hello,

Dell inspiron 580 with core i5-760 @ 2.8ghz and 4gb DDR3 RAM, windows 7 home premium an nvidia geforce 310.
My system gets hang at windows logo while starting, while system is shutting down. Have nayone come across about this problem earlier. Is the nvidia Graphic card causing the problem?
I have even restored my PC by the problem still the same.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Pull the 310 and connect your monitor to the on-board video to see if the system will boot successfully. If so, you have narrowed down the problem. Did you add the 310 or did it ship from Dell with it?

When was the last time you updated the video drivers?

ashish_race

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
I have un-installed the Nvidia drivers from my system through Safe mode to and rebooted the system. It worked and than never got hanged. First the next reboot the Standard VGA drives got installed and did not cause any more hangs. Dell Guys have now replaced the the Nivida Card now, at present it works fine but need to monitor for as i do not trust on the Nvidia as it might hang in future. Had gone through some the links and it looks like nvidia is not compatible to Win7 OS as it is for WinXP. Now just need to monitor the current one if that get hang.

Thank fokes ! for your reply

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I am glad that you now have a working system. Good luck!

CHARUWAKA

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
actually the problem is not at all grahic card the problem in dell 580 or 580s is "UUID" THAT IS WHEN WE INSTALLED A LOCAL WIN7 OS THE OS IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY INTEL EMBEEDED VPRO TECHNOLOGY AND INTEL MANAGEMENT AND ENGINE IT IS ACHIP EMMBEDED THAT COMES WITH MOTHER BOARD SO WHENEVER YOU INSTALLS A PIRATED AFTER ENTERRING PASSWORD AND USER NAME IT RESTARTS AND HUNGS UP!
BUT WHEN YOU INSTALL ORIGINAL WINDOWS 7 DVD YOU SHOUD NOT FACE THAT PROBLEM BECAUSE INTEL MANAGEMENT AND ENGINE IDENTIFIES THE OS

TRENDING THREADS