Browser opening causes all other browser windows to get re..

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

I am half way computer literate, but this one has me. I am hoping
someone can tell me where to look.

When I open Internet Explorer, my home page (www.google.com) opens.
When it is finished loading, it automatically redirets to yahoo mail
login page. The catch is, all my browsers windows that are open will
be changed too. If I hit "stop" before the page is loaded, then hit
"refresh", this action does not occur.

I have Microsoft updates automatically downloade do my computer. I
have the latest MacAfee anti-virus on my computer and have run the
latest scan. I have run Microsoft beta spy-ware, ad aware and yahoo's
version. I am not seeing anything.

jake

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001

I figured it out. We uninstalled the yahoo toolbar and all was well.
They evidently had a bug in their software. Well, I sure hope it was a
bug and not Yahoo thinking we would like to have all our windows go to
yahoo mail.