Activating User accounts after XP re-installation

In order to recover from a malicious virus, I had to re-install Windows XP
(Pro). In doing so I had to create new user accounts.
All of my previous programs (MS Office for example) are still loaded on
the hard drive, but I can't access them .
How can I activate the previous accounts which are linked to my programs, or
link the previous Program files to my new user account(s)?

I can see all of the accounts and programs under Documents and Settings.
--
broston

Malke

Bill Roston wrote:

> In order to recover from a malicious virus, I had to re-install
> Windows XP
> (Pro). In doing so I had to create new user accounts.
> All of my previous programs (MS Office for example) are still loaded
> on
> the hard drive, but I can't access them .
> How can I activate the previous accounts which are linked to my
> programs, or link the previous Program files to my new user
> account(s)?
>
> I can see all of the accounts and programs under Documents and
> Settings.

Your programs are not somehow "tied" to your old user accounts. If you
just need to add shortcuts to the programs to the new user account
Start Menus, right-click on the Start Button and choose "Explore All
Users". This will give you the two-paned Explorer window and you will
see the Start Menu for all the accounts on the system and All Users.
You can then right-click/drag/copy shortcuts to the various accounts'
Start Menus as desired.

If OTOH you see the programs and when you click on the executable they
don't *work*, the virus may have damaged the files. If this is the
case, reinstall the programs.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers