Activating User accounts after XP re-installation

In order to recover from a malicious virus, I had to re-install Windows XP
(Pro). In doing so I had to create new user accounts.
All of my previous programs (MS Office for example) are still loaded on
the hard drive, but I can't access them .
How can I activate the previous accounts which are linked to my programs, or
link the previous Program files to my new user account(s)?

I can see all of the accounts and programs under Documents and Settings.
--
broston
1 answer Last reply

    Bill Roston wrote:

    > In order to recover from a malicious virus, I had to re-install
    > Windows XP
    > (Pro). In doing so I had to create new user accounts.
    > All of my previous programs (MS Office for example) are still loaded
    > on
    > the hard drive, but I can't access them .
    > How can I activate the previous accounts which are linked to my
    > programs, or link the previous Program files to my new user
    > account(s)?
    >
    > I can see all of the accounts and programs under Documents and
    > Settings.

    Your programs are not somehow "tied" to your old user accounts. If you
    just need to add shortcuts to the programs to the new user account
    Start Menus, right-click on the Start Button and choose "Explore All
    Users". This will give you the two-paned Explorer window and you will
    see the Start Menu for all the accounts on the system and All Users.
    You can then right-click/drag/copy shortcuts to the various accounts'
    Start Menus as desired.

    If OTOH you see the programs and when you click on the executable they
    don't *work*, the virus may have damaged the files. If this is the
    case, reinstall the programs.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers