Is it possible to delegate unlock computer rights?

August 24, 2005 3:03:03 PM

I have set up Win2003 domain client computers (XP) to lock after 10 minutes
of non-use. I would like to delegate unlock computer rights to management
non-administratior users at each of my physical sites. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:13:30 PM

Unlock
http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/unlock.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dennis77" wrote:

| I have set up Win2003 domain client computers (XP) to lock after 10 minutes
| of non-use. I would like to delegate unlock computer rights to management
| non-administratior users at each of my physical sites. Is this possible?
|
| Thanks in advance,
| Dennis
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:15:03 PM

Thank you. This is a nice tool. However, this is not exactly the kind of
"locking" that I am talking about. What this tool does is unlock a user
account after the user has locked it due to an excessive number of failed
login attempts.

What I am referring to is the locking that takes place when a user, who is
already logged in, performs Ctl-Alt-Del and then clicks on "Lock Computer".
The user's programs remain running, but nobody can log on to that computer
unless the user (or local administrator) unlocks the computer with his/her
password. In my situation, our clients auto-lock after 10 minutes - a
security feature to keep non-authorized personnel from using another user's
account.

I would like to be able to delegate onsite authority to someone to unlock
these locked computers without granting them any local admin rights.

!