Media Library problem...

Jez

Since installing the Cat 5.8's, my Media Library doesn't work.

It worked the last time I tried it.

Still using the Multimedia-center version 9.03.

Any ideas ?

Guess I should try the latest MMC version.....hmmmm

Running on a P4 2.8 with 9800 AIW.

Thx.
--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you do a complete uninstall using ATI's uninstaller? Did you reinstall
MMC after installing the DVD decoder software? When you reinstalled the
Remote Wonder did you have the receiver unplugged until after the restart?

"Jez" <iced_spear@NODAMNSPAMpipex.com> wrote in message
> Since installing the Cat 5.8's, my Media Library doesn't work.
>
> It worked the last time I tried it.
>
> Still using the Multimedia-center version 9.03.
>
> Any ideas ?
>

> Guess I should try the latest MMC version.....hmmmm
>
> Running on a P4 2.8 with 9800 AIW.
>
> Thx.
> --
> Jez, MBA.,
> Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
>
> 'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable notion
> that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often led to
> accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what that
> reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be skeptical of
> someone else's description of reality.'-
> Howard Zinn

Jez

Jez wrote:
> Since installing the Cat 5.8's, my Media Library doesn't work.
>
> It worked the last time I tried it.
>
> Still using the Multimedia-center version 9.03.
>
> Any ideas ?
>

> Guess I should try the latest MMC version.....hmmmm

Ah well, just tried the newest version and still no Media Library !
ah heck.

--

Jez wrote:

> Since installing the Cat 5.8's, my Media Library doesn't work.
>
> It worked the last time I tried it.
>
> Still using the Multimedia-center version 9.03.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Guess I should try the latest MMC version.....hmmmm
>
> Running on a P4 2.8 with 9800 AIW.
>
> Thx.
> --
> Jez, MBA.,
> Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
>
> 'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
> notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
> led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
> that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
> skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
> Howard Zinn

atioops.dll problem maybe?
Do you get a specific error message?

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:39:25 GMT, Gordon Scott
<gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:

>Jez wrote:
>>
>> Since installing the Cat 5.8's, my Media Library doesn't work.
>>
>> It worked the last time I tried it.
>>
>> Still using the Multimedia-center version 9.03.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Guess I should try the latest MMC version.....hmmmm
>>
>> Running on a P4 2.8 with 9800 AIW.
>>
>> Thx.
>> --
>> Jez, MBA.,
>> Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
>>
>> 'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
>> notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
>> led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
>> that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
>> skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
>> Howard Zinn
>
>atioops.dll problem maybe?
>Do you get a specific error message?

That was MMC 7.7.0.1, Gordon. Haven't heard of it happening in any
subsequent versions.

Jez, I'm not sure from reading your post, but did you upgrade to Cat
5.8 without uninstalling MMC 9.03 - and over your previous Catalyst
version?

If so, it might be an idea to uninstall everything, have a good system
clean, then reinstall.

Patrick

<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

Jez

patrickp wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:39:25 GMT, Gordon Scott
> <gordsmail@NOSPAMshaw.ca> wrote:
>

>>Jez wrote:
>>
>>>Since installing the Cat 5.8's, my Media Library doesn't work.
>>>
>>>It worked the last time I tried it.
>>>
>>>Still using the Multimedia-center version 9.03.
>>>
>>>Any ideas ?
>>>
>>>Guess I should try the latest MMC version.....hmmmm
>>>
>>>Running on a P4 2.8 with 9800 AIW.
>>>
>>>Thx.
>>>--
>>>Jez, MBA.,
>>>Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.
>>>
>>>'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
>>>notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
>>>led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
>>>that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
>>>skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
>>>Howard Zinn
>>
>>atioops.dll problem maybe?
>>Do you get a specific error message?

It just says 'The application failed to initialize.'

> That was MMC 7.7.0.1, Gordon. Haven't heard of it happening in any
> subsequent versions.
>
> Jez, I'm not sure from reading your post, but did you upgrade to Cat
> 5.8 without uninstalling MMC 9.03 - and over your previous Catalyst
> version?

Without uninstalling MMC9.03, yip, but I uninstalled the CAT 5.7's
before I put the 5.8's in.

> If so, it might be an idea to uninstall everything, have a good system
> clean, then reinstall.

That sounds like the way to go.

Thanks all for the help.