lee

How can one check for a malicious dialer installation on their computer.
Will anti virus find them or does it take a specific program to locate
them? Lee

From: "Lee" <metal_magic@sbcglobal.net>

| How can one check for a malicious dialer installation on their computer.
| Will anti virus find them or does it take a specific program to locate
| them? Lee

Having an up to date anti virus application should protect against them being installed and
an anti virus "On Demand" scan should find and remove them.

The following Multi AV scanning tool provides "On Demand" anti virus scanners from; McAfee,
Trend Micro and Sophos which should be able to find and remove any found.

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

lee

I apparently cannot use this tool as I do not use any of the mentioned
scanners. I run Grisoft AVG Anti Virus. I also have several adware
/malware scanners such as Ad-Aware,Spybot, SpywareBlaster, etc. . The
reason I inquired about this was that I was not sure of the exact
abilities of the software that I use. Sice I use these, should I need
to do anything further? People like you make these news reader sources
work, and I for one appreciate and applaud each and everyone of you that
contribute. Thank you David for sharing your knowledge with us. Thanks
again, Lee

From: "Lee" <metal_magic@sbcglobal.net>

| I apparently cannot use this tool as I do not use any of the mentioned
| scanners. I run Grisoft AVG Anti Virus. I also have several adware
| /malware scanners such as Ad-Aware,Spybot, SpywareBlaster, etc. . The
| reason I inquired about this was that I was not sure of the exact
| abilities of the software that I use. Sice I use these, should I need
| to do anything further? People like you make these news reader sources
| work, and I for one appreciate and applaud each and everyone of you that
| contribute. Thank you David for sharing your knowledge with us. Thanks
| again, Lee

It is an automated front end that does not have an AV prerequisite. It will download the
needed files automatically. Subsequent running of each AV module will also keep each AV
scanner up to date.

It will happily co-exist with AVG.