How to transfer files from camera?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 11, 2004 8:28:03 PM

How can I arrange for the automatic opening of the option for clicking "Copy
pictures to a folder on my computer using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
Wizard"?...that option and others - - - View slideshow....Print
pictures...Open folder to view files and Take no action - - - used to be
shown under a window entitled Removable disc G: as soon as I connect camera
to pc and turn it on...for some reason its stopped doing that automatically
today. I'm using XP.

I can still access the pics via My Computer/Removable disc
G/DCIM/100Olymp...

Thanks.

More about : transfer files camera

Anonymous
June 12, 2004 1:36:01 AM

"OrmesbyJohn" <NoSpamThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I arrange for the automatic opening of the option for clicking
"Copy
> pictures to a folder on my computer using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
> Wizard"?...that option and others - - - View slideshow....Print
> pictures...Open folder to view files and Take no action - - - used to be
> shown under a window entitled Removable disc G: as soon as I connect
camera
> to pc and turn it on...for some reason its stopped doing that
automatically
> today. I'm using XP.
>
> I can still access the pics via My Computer/Removable disc
> G/DCIM/100Olymp...
>
> Thanks.

To change how your computer handles multimedia content

Notes

To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.

Your removable storage device must be attached to your computer for it to
appear in the My Computer folder.

1. Open My Computer.

2. Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the device you want,
such as a digital camera or CD-ROM drive, and then click Properties.

3. On the AutoPlay tab, click the multimedia content type you want to
change.

4. Under Actions, click the action you want Windows to perform when it
detects the media type you selected.

5. On the Autoplay tab tick the option at the bottom that says "Prompt me
each time to choose an Action.

This information is in the XP Help.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> "OrmesbyJohn" <NoSpamThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How can I arrange for the automatic opening of the option for clicking
> "Copy
> > pictures to a folder on my computer using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
> > Wizard"?...that option and others - - - View slideshow....Print
> > pictures...Open folder to view files and Take no action - - - used to
be
> > shown under a window entitled Removable disc G: as soon as I connect
> camera
> > to pc and turn it on...for some reason its stopped doing that
> automatically
> > today. I'm using XP.
> >
> > I can still access the pics via My Computer/Removable disc
> > G/DCIM/100Olymp...
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> To change how your computer handles multimedia content
>
> Notes
>
> To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
>
> Your removable storage device must be attached to your computer for it to
> appear in the My Computer folder.
>
> 1. Open My Computer.
>
> 2. Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the device you want,
> such as a digital camera or CD-ROM drive, and then click Properties.
>
> 3. On the AutoPlay tab, click the multimedia content type you want to
> change.
>
> 4. Under Actions, click the action you want Windows to perform when it
> detects the media type you selected.
>
> 5. On the Autoplay tab tick the option at the bottom that says "Prompt me
> each time to choose an Action.
>
> This information is in the XP Help.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

If you have XP power toys (TweakUI), it is possible to deactivate the
AutoPlay completely.
Check Tweak UI to see if you have turned off autoplay on some devices.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

> "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > "OrmesbyJohn" <NoSpamThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > How can I arrange for the automatic opening of the option for clicking
> > "Copy
> > > pictures to a folder on my computer using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
> > > Wizard"?...that option and others - - - View slideshow....Print
> > > pictures...Open folder to view files and Take no action - - - used to
> be
> > > shown under a window entitled Removable disc G: as soon as I connect
> > camera
> > > to pc and turn it on...for some reason its stopped doing that
> > automatically
> > > today. I'm using XP.
> > >
> > > I can still access the pics via My Computer/Removable disc
> > > G/DCIM/100Olymp...
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > To change how your computer handles multimedia content
> >
> > Notes
> >
> > To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
> >
> > Your removable storage device must be attached to your computer for it
> > appear in the My Computer folder.
> >
> > 1. Open My Computer.
> >
> > 2. Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the device you
want,
> > such as a digital camera or CD-ROM drive, and then click Properties.
> >
> > 3. On the AutoPlay tab, click the multimedia content type you want to
> > change.
> >
> > 4. Under Actions, click the action you want Windows to perform when it
> > detects the media type you selected.
> >
> > 5. On the Autoplay tab tick the option at the bottom that says "Prompt
me
> > each time to choose an Action.
> >
> > This information is in the XP Help.
> >
> > --
> > CSM1
> > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> > --
> >
> If you have XP power toys (TweakUI), it is possible to deactivate the
> AutoPlay completely.
> Check Tweak UI to see if you have turned off autoplay on some devices.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
OK - Many thanks