Sign in with
Your question

Vista business to windows 7??

Last response: in Windows 7
December 14, 2010 8:15:32 AM

Hi,i have windows vista business 32bit and i would like to have windows 7 64bit,what is the best way to get it,should i upgrade or buy the full retail version??,what is an (OEM) copy of windows 7??..any help is appreciated,thanx :sol: 

More about : vista business windows

a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2010 10:05:59 AM

OEM copy will be tied only to the computer you've installed it on - you can reinstall it whenever you like, but you can't install it on a different computer.

If you already own Windows Vista then get the upgrade version of Windows 7. You can still do a full, clean reinstall using your upgrade license so don't worry about that. In fact, moving between 32-bit and 64-bit systems usually requires a clean reinstall anyway.

Just make sure you've backed up everything you want to keep before you format your drive.
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2010 6:05:12 PM

LePhuronn said:
OEM copy will be tied only to the computer you've installed it on - you can reinstall it whenever you like, but you can't install it on a different computer.

If you already own Windows Vista then get the upgrade version of Windows 7. You can still do a full, clean reinstall using your upgrade license so don't worry about that. In fact, moving between 32-bit and 64-bit systems usually requires a clean reinstall anyway.

Just make sure you've backed up everything you want to keep before you format your drive.

great thanks for the advice,i think i will do a clean install with a OEM windows 7 64 bit,its alot cheaper that way,thanks again
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
December 14, 2010 10:44:39 PM

No problem hope it all goes well!
m
l
!