Vista business to windows 7??

Hi,i have windows vista business 32bit and i would like to have windows 7 64bit,what is the best way to get it,should i upgrade or buy the full retail version??,what is an (OEM) copy of windows 7??..any help is appreciated,thanx :sol:
5 answers Last reply
More about vista business windows
  1. OEM copy will be tied only to the computer you've installed it on - you can reinstall it whenever you like, but you can't install it on a different computer.

If you already own Windows Vista then get the upgrade version of Windows 7. You can still do a full, clean reinstall using your upgrade license so don't worry about that. In fact, moving between 32-bit and 64-bit systems usually requires a clean reinstall anyway.

Just make sure you've backed up everything you want to keep before you format your drive.
  2. upgrade media is what you need and you are going to 64 bit so you will need a clean install!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7
  3. LePhuronn said:
    OEM copy will be tied only to the computer you've installed it on - you can reinstall it whenever you like, but you can't install it on a different computer.

If you already own Windows Vista then get the upgrade version of Windows 7. You can still do a full, clean reinstall using your upgrade license so don't worry about that. In fact, moving between 32-bit and 64-bit systems usually requires a clean reinstall anyway.

Just make sure you've backed up everything you want to keep before you format your drive.

great thanks for the advice,i think i will do a clean install with a OEM windows 7 64 bit,its alot cheaper that way,thanks again
  4. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    upgrade media is what you need and you are going to 64 bit so you will need a clean install!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7

hey thanks for the help area51reopen.!!!
  5. No problem hope it all goes well!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Windows Vista