Problem with Still capture Setting 320 X 240 AIW 9800 Pro

Hello Group
I have been having a bit of trouble with a Newly installed ATI AIW 9800
Pro
I normally try to playback Video from a DV camcorder and capture the
stills " At a Pre Determined Setting of 320 X 240"
When i Open up the Latest ATI Media player and place my still settings
at a 320 X 240, then adjust the Option to Save as JPEG,

It does not, It always saves at 640 X 480 and saves in Bitmap Format.

Has anyone had similar experiences with this Problem and does anyone
know how to fix the problem and have is Permanantly save in 320 X 240
Jpeg Format?

My PC is 3.2 G AMD,...1GB of Ram ...OS Running XP 2

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance

Tobey

You need an actual Video Capture card. The AIW 9800 does not have that
feature.

--
DaveW
"Tobey" <tobey66@postmark.net> wrote in message
> Hello Group
> I have been having a bit of trouble with a Newly installed ATI AIW 9800
> Pro
> I normally try to playback Video from a DV camcorder and capture the
> stills " At a Pre Determined Setting of 320 X 240"
> When i Open up the Latest ATI Media player and place my still settings
> at a 320 X 240, then adjust the Option to Save as JPEG,
>
> It does not, It always saves at 640 X 480 and saves in Bitmap Format.
>
> Has anyone had similar experiences with this Problem and does anyone
> know how to fix the problem and have is Permanantly save in 320 X 240
> Jpeg Format?
>
> My PC is 3.2 G AMD,...1GB of Ram ...OS Running XP 2
>
> Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tobey

"Tobey" <tobey66@postmark.net> wrote in message
> Hello Group
> I have been having a bit of trouble with a Newly installed ATI AIW 9800
> Pro
> I normally try to playback Video from a DV camcorder and capture the
> stills " At a Pre Determined Setting of 320 X 240"
> When i Open up the Latest ATI Media player and place my still settings
> at a 320 X 240, then adjust the Option to Save as JPEG,
>
> It does not, It always saves at 640 X 480 and saves in Bitmap Format.
>
> Has anyone had similar experiences with this Problem and does anyone
> know how to fix the problem and have is Permanantly save in 320 X 240
> Jpeg Format?
>
> My PC is 3.2 G AMD,...1GB of Ram ...OS Running XP 2
>
> Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tobey

Try saving the settings then closing MMC immediately. MMC saves it's
settings when it shuts down. MMC may not be closing properly. Closing
immediately gives the best chance of it being set. If that doesn't work try
doing a Repair install in the Add/Remove Program application.

DaveW wrote:

> You need an actual Video Capture card. The AIW 9800 does not have that
> feature.

And the idiot speaks again.

MoronW, the whole point of the All-In-Wonder is that it _does_ have video
capture capability. That's why it's "All-In-Won".

Lurkers, if you wonder why I call this person "MoronW", he appears to be
someone whose hobby is writing bots that report incorrect information. For
months every post in this newsgroup that contained "Radeon 9700" got an
immediate and unchanging response from him to the effect that the Radeon
9700 does not support DirectX 9, for example.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

--

I just tried it using MMC 8.9 with partial success. When I clicked
the capture button it wrote 640x480 JPG files. What I did was.

Started the tv player.
Clicked the capture button.
Clicked the Stills Gallery setup button.
Check marked the 'Save Files', then clicked the browse button.
Selected the jpg format.
Selected the 320 x 240 size.
Clicked OK.
Closed stills gallery and tv.

Started the tv player.
Clicked the capture button a few times.
Closed the tv.

When I checked the files it wrote they were JPG (Huffman - Standard)
24 bit 640x480. My guess would be there saved at the original
resolution for some reason.

Hope that's somewhat helpful. :)
Dan

--end

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Tobey" <tobey66@postmark.net> wrote in message
> > Hello Group
> > I have been having a bit of trouble with a Newly installed ATI AIW 9800
> > Pro
> > I normally try to playback Video from a DV camcorder and capture the
> > stills " At a Pre Determined Setting of 320 X 240"
> > When i Open up the Latest ATI Media player and place my still settings
> > at a 320 X 240, then adjust the Option to Save as JPEG,
> >
> > It does not, It always saves at 640 X 480 and saves in Bitmap Format.
> >
> > Has anyone had similar experiences with this Problem and does anyone
> > know how to fix the problem and have is Permanantly save in 320 X 240
> > Jpeg Format?
> >
> > My PC is 3.2 G AMD,...1GB of Ram ...OS Running XP 2
> >
> > Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Tobey
> >
> Try saving the settings then closing MMC immediately. MMC saves it's
> settings when it shuts down. MMC may not be closing properly. Closing
> immediately gives the best chance of it being set. If that doesn't work
try
> doing a Repair install in the Add/Remove Program application.

Guess I messed that up. Too used to TV Player questions. Tried saving the
settings on File Player 9.08. It saves 320 X 240JPG pictures and holds the
resolution setting but loses the format when I close the Still App let alone
File Player. Doing a Repair install still might help being able to save to
320 X 240JPG or maybe you'll have to reinstall. What version are you using
maybe someone else using that version can try it.

Hello and thank you all for responding
the MMC is 9.08
Again the Way the card is solely used is to capture stills
When i open the TV Feature and playback the DV Cam " Connected through
the S-Jack" It does not save at the 320 X 240 Setting
I "of course" Try to adjust the setting to 320 X 240 in JPG Mode, But
what i end up with is a 640 X 480 in Bitmp ?
I have tried the Repair in the Previous post as well as re-Installing,
Yet nothing seems to work

--

Same story when I set it to TIF @ 1024x768. Then the files it defaulted to saving were a TIF format but still @ 640x480.

--end