Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

LCD screen protectors...any good ones?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 11, 2004 7:14:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

Hi thanks to read.
For my new dx-6490, i've bought some adhesive protective films at a local
RadioShack. The problem is no mater how much i care during the application
to get rid of the air bubles... even using the supplied scraper card, i
always end-up seing many tinny spots when checking something displayed on
the screen. But if i check under a good lighting, i can't even see a single
air bubble. I've tried 3 sheets of those protective films (yes, i did took
care to not touch the adhesive side,and the screen surface was perfectly
clean and free of dust speckles!) and i have the same deceiving results each
time. I'm shure that with this Nexxtech brand, the small scratches on the
screen i do try to prevent and that may appear during the months and years
of usage...would probably have a lesser visual impact than i have now with
the protective films on! :-)

Do anyone got good results with some brands? I know that there's some
protective films for Palm computers screens, but at $20 for one sheet, i'm
not willing to try them without being shure of the results!! TIA for any
replies.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kilo.watt/images/protective.jp...


--
Alain(alias:Kilowatt)
Montréal Québec
PS: 1000 excuses for errors or omissions,
i'm a "pure" french canadian! :-)
Come to visit me at: http://kilowatt.camarades.com
(If replying also by e-mail, remove
"no spam" from the adress.)
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 9:51:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

Try a daProducts Protector from http://www.daproducts.com/index.htm. I've
had one on my C-750 for several months now, and it just works. However,
it's not a film cover as you been using , but a substantial piece of
transparent plastic. I, too, tried film film tupe covers and didn't like
them.

Steve . . .

"KILOWATT" <kilowatt"nospam"@softhome.net> wrote:

>Hi thanks to read.
>For my new dx-6490, i've bought some adhesive protective films at a local
>RadioShack. The problem is no mater how much i care during the application
>to get rid of the air bubles... even using the supplied scraper card, i
>always end-up seing many tinny spots when checking something displayed on
>the screen. But if i check under a good lighting, i can't even see a single
>air bubble. I've tried 3 sheets of those protective films (yes, i did took
>care to not touch the adhesive side,and the screen surface was perfectly
>clean and free of dust speckles!) and i have the same deceiving results each
>time. I'm shure that with this Nexxtech brand, the small scratches on the
>screen i do try to prevent and that may appear during the months and years
>of usage...would probably have a lesser visual impact than i have now with
>the protective films on! :-)
>
>Do anyone got good results with some brands? I know that there's some
>protective films for Palm computers screens, but at $20 for one sheet, i'm
>not willing to try them without being shure of the results!! TIA for any
>replies.
>http://www3.sympatico.ca/kilo.watt/images/protective.jp...
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 3:37:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

"Steve King" <wheelgat@c-zone.net> wrote in message
news:crulc09cto8nkvav2hkvmmnhsp4ojatb51@4ax.com...
> Try a daProducts Protector from http://www.daproducts.com/index.htm. I've
> had one on my C-750 for several months now, and it just works. However,
> it's not a film cover as you been using , but a substantial piece of
> transparent plastic. I, too, tried film film tupe covers and didn't like
> them.
>
> Steve . . .

I second the motion. My Oly3020 came with a protective plastic piecelike
the ones from Daproducts, but I bought them for my wife's Oly and a
grandsons. The last long, and cost less than what oyu paid for one sheet of
film.
>
> "KILOWATT" <kilowatt"nospam"@softhome.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi thanks to read.
> >For my new dx-6490, i've bought some adhesive protective films at a local
> >RadioShack. The problem is no mater how much i care during the
application
> >to get rid of the air bubles... even using the supplied scraper card, i
> >always end-up seing many tinny spots when checking something displayed on
> >the screen. But if i check under a good lighting, i can't even see a
single
> >air bubble. I've tried 3 sheets of those protective films (yes, i did
took
> >care to not touch the adhesive side,and the screen surface was perfectly
> >clean and free of dust speckles!) and i have the same deceiving results
each
> >time. I'm shure that with this Nexxtech brand, the small scratches on the
> >screen i do try to prevent and that may appear during the months and
years
> >of usage...would probably have a lesser visual impact than i have now
with
> >the protective films on! :-)
> >
> >Do anyone got good results with some brands? I know that there's some
> >protective films for Palm computers screens, but at $20 for one sheet,
i'm
> >not willing to try them without being shure of the results!! TIA for any
> >replies.
> >http://www3.sympatico.ca/kilo.watt/images/protective.jp...
>
Related resources
June 12, 2004 11:32:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

"Steve King" <wheelgat@c-zone.net> wrote in message
news:crulc09cto8nkvav2hkvmmnhsp4ojatb51@4ax.com...
> Try a daProducts Protector from http://www.daproducts.com/index.htm. I've
> had one on my C-750 for several months now, and it just works. However,
> it's not a film cover as you been using , but a substantial piece of
> transparent plastic. I, too, tried film film tupe covers and didn't like
> them.
>
> Steve . . .

I agree daProducts Protector is great. I just put one on my dRebel.
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 3:11:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

Well, I put some of those Radio Shack jobs on my old 2020z, which has a
pretty banged up lcd, and I am getting a pretty clean image, not marred
particulary by one or two bubbles. The film lasted well through a very
long week of heavy shooting (and is still going strong) and I only wish
I had known about it earlier. Though the daProeducts Protector would
doubtless be a good solution I would not discourage people from stopping
by a local RS and picking up some of their film, which is about five
bucks for a pretty large number of cuts. I figure I'll be just fine
for a couple of years.

BOHICA wrote:

>"Steve King" <wheelgat@c-zone.net> wrote in message
>news:crulc09cto8nkvav2hkvmmnhsp4ojatb51@4ax.com...
>
>
>>Try a daProducts Protector from http://www.daproducts.com/index.htm. I've
>>had one on my C-750 for several months now, and it just works. However,
>>it's not a film cover as you been using , but a substantial piece of
>>transparent plastic. I, too, tried film film tupe covers and didn't like
>>them.
>>
>>Steve . . .
>>
>>
>
>I agree daProducts Protector is great. I just put one on my dRebel.
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 10:31:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

What about "nose-prints" on the LCD? What should be used to clean them off? What
should be used to keep them off (besides using the monitor exclusively when
shooting)?
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 5:17:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

"Cymbal Man Freq." <Don't Bother@ForgedPostsAnonymous.unorg> wrote in
message news:yxSyc.154208$hY.118685@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> What about "nose-prints" on the LCD? What should be used to clean them
off? What
> should be used to keep them off (besides using the monitor exclusively
when
> shooting)?
>

And thumb prints. It is natural to put your thumb on the lcd when holding
the camera. The plastuc shields from daproducts.com clean off easily. For
the tough jopbs, a little window cleaner spray will do the job.
June 16, 2004 11:28:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

Ok...as an update for those who read old posts, i've removed the Nexxtech
brand from my LCD screen and tried the brand named Fellowes. The sheets,that
where custom made for Palm V computers, gives better optical results than
the Nexxtech brand... cloudiness effect is less worse. However, there's a
strange and annoying crosshatch pattern when the LCD screen shines through
it. I'll try it on for a few days then if it's not better, i'll stay with a
"naked" LCD! :-) I'll post a follow-up.
!