wireless question

Sam

I have a linksys router that is 802.11b. I am looking to
buy a wireless network card for my computer. Will the
802.11g network cards work with this particular router
that I have?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi.
Yes it would work 802.11g is downward compatible with 802.11b
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a linksys router that is 802.11b. I am looking to
> buy a wireless network card for my computer. Will the
> 802.11g network cards work with this particular router
> that I have?

bar

Being particular - what is the particular router that you have?