  • Mobility
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 27, 2005 5:08:28 AM

http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update...

DriverVer=02/01/2005, 6.14.10.6512 Windows2000/XP

ATI Technologies Inc. display software update released on February 01
2005.

ATI MOBILITY FIRE GL T2
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Series
ATI MOBILITY FIRE GL 7800
ATI MOBILITY RADEON
ATI MOBILITY RADEON
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500
ATI RADEON IGP 330M
ATI MOBILITY FIRE GL 9000
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000

I searched everywhere for new 7500C drivers for my HP zt1000 series
laptop and finally found this on the Windows Update Catalog web site:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul... . Once you
have installed the appropriate ActiveX controls click on "Find hardware
driver updates" and choose "video". For the manufacturer select "ATI
Technologies, Inc." and for the operating system choose "Windows XP
Professional SP1". Click the Search button, the driver should say:
ATI Technologies Inc. display software update released on February 01
2005. - (Posted Date: March 08, 2005)
Download size: 5.6 MB

Otherwise just check the "Supported Hardware" descriptions until you
find it. Add the file to your download basket. If you have a version
of Internet Explorer with Popup Blocker be sure to add the website
v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com to the trusted list. Click on Go to
Download Basket, select a folder for the download and Click Download
Now. This should create a folder tree "Your
folder"\WU\Driver\en\com_microsoft_whql.video\x86WinXP\com_microsoft_whql.9871682
with a filed named 9871682.cab.

Extract the contents of this file to wherever you like. There is no
setup program so you'll probably want to upgrade your existing drivers.
Click on the "Start Menu" then Run; type devmgmt.msc in the "Open:"
box and click "OK". Open "Display Adapters" double-click on your video
card, click on the "Driver" Tab and then click the "Update Driver"
button. You'll have to "Install from a list or specific location
(Advanced)". Select "Don't Search, I will choose the driver to
install." Click the "Have Disk" button and browse to the directory
where you installed the 9871682.cab files.

For the Radeon 7500 there are 4 options, it shouldn't matter which you
choose. Windows may warn that the driver is either not WHQL certified
or that it isn't written specifically for your hardware. I just told
Windows to use the driver anyway and I now have a driver dated 2005
instead of 2003. This driver works with the Mobility Radeon 7500 32M
in my HP xz355 laptop (zt1000 series). I find it odd that ATI will not
directly support these Mobility Chips but was happy to provide the
driver to Microsoft which has no problem supplying them to the public.

More about : mobility radeon drivers

August 28, 2005 11:26:18 PM

Why not just install the Catalyst drivers from HP's site from March of this
year that are designed for your laptop???

"noabody" <noabody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> card, click on the "Driver" Tab and then click the "Update Driver"
> button. You'll have to "Install from a list or specific location
> (Advanced)". Select "Don't Search, I will choose the driver to
> install." Click the "Have Disk" button and browse to the directory
> where you installed the 9871682.cab files.
>
> For the Radeon 7500 there are 4 options, it shouldn't matter which you
> choose. Windows may warn that the driver is either not WHQL certified
> or that it isn't written specifically for your hardware. I just told
> Windows to use the driver anyway and I now have a driver dated 2005
> instead of 2003. This driver works with the Mobility Radeon 7500 32M
> in my HP xz355 laptop (zt1000 series). I find it odd that ATI will not
> directly support these Mobility Chips but was happy to provide the
> driver to Microsoft which has no problem supplying them to the public.

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 2:39:50 PM

The product support page for my laptop with an ATI Mobility 7500 chip
has drivers dated March 2003, doing a quick search on the HP site (key
words Mobility Radeon) show a driver dated 2004. Standard Catalyst
drivers don't work with the mobility line, so you can't just go to the
ATI website -> download -> and play. I did find an even newer driver
than the Microsoft one here:

http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/ati/ati%2...

This one is dated March 2005 and has the entire ATI software package
including the control panel.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 7:28:04 PM

On 2 Sep 2005 10:39:50 -0700, "noabody" <noabody@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The product support page for my laptop with an ATI Mobility 7500 chip
>has drivers dated March 2003, doing a quick search on the HP site (key
>words Mobility Radeon) show a driver dated 2004. Standard Catalyst
>drivers don't work with the mobility line, so you can't just go to the
>ATI website -> download -> and play. I did find an even newer driver
>than the Microsoft one here:
>
>http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/ati/ati%2...
>
>This one is dated March 2005 and has the entire ATI software package
>including the control panel.

I believe Omegadriver's versions of the Catalyst drivers are supposed
to work with mobility chips, noabody. http://www.omegadrivers.net/.

He's up to Catalyst 5.7 ATM - no 5.8s yet.

<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...
!