Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Limiting Users from Logging on to different computers

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
August 26, 2005 10:58:03 AM

Is there a way to limit users from logging on to the two different computers
with the same user accounts? For example KCGolf logs onto computer A and
his friend wants to logon to, so KCGolf says use my account/password on
computer B. This would using Active Directory to authenticate.

More about : limiting users logging computers

August 26, 2005 3:29:34 PM

You can specify which computer(s) an ID can log on to in Active Directory.
Open the user account, click on the Account tab, and then click the Logon To
button.

"KCGolf63" wrote:

> Is there a way to limit users from logging on to the two different computers
> with the same user accounts? For example KCGolf logs onto computer A and
> his friend wants to logon to, so KCGolf says use my account/password on
> computer B. This would using Active Directory to authenticate.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 9:33:01 PM

KCGolf63 wrote:

> Is there a way to limit users from logging on to the two different computers
> with the same user accounts? For example KCGolf logs onto computer A and
> his friend wants to logon to, so KCGolf says use my account/password on
> computer B. This would using Active Directory to authenticate.
Hi,

You may want to look into the LimitLogin tool:

A while ago, Microsoft released a new tool designed to limit
concurrent logons, called LimitLogin.

Limit Login Attempts With LimitLogin
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2005...

LimitLogin FAQ