dpreview for video cameras?

I've been a big fan of the dpreview site when looking to purchase a digital
camera. Now I'm in the market for a video camera. I know nothing about
them and am wondering if there is a comperable site. Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about dpreview video cameras

    "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I've been a big fan of the dpreview site when looking to purchase a
    digital
    > camera. Now I'm in the market for a video camera. I know nothing about
    > them and am wondering if there is a comperable site. Thanks!

    I don't know what you think about CNET's reviews, but there's a start. It'll
    at least give you a rundown on each cam's features and consumer's reviews.
    Plus, it'll give you a list of places selling a particular model and what
    the cheapest price is. HTH,

    Ron

    Ron wrote:

    > "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I've been a big fan of the dpreview site when looking to purchase a
    >
    > digital
    >
    >>camera. Now I'm in the market for a video camera. I know nothing about
    >>them and am wondering if there is a comperable site. Thanks!
    >>

    > I don't know what you think about CNET's reviews, but there's a start. It'll
    > at least give you a rundown on each cam's features and consumer's reviews.
    > Plus, it'll give you a list of places selling a particular model and what
    > the cheapest price is. HTH,
    >
    > Ron

    Try camcorderinfo.com

    "rayr" <raynospam@verisign.com> wrote in message
    > Ron wrote:
    >
    > > "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I've been a big fan of the dpreview site when looking to purchase a
    > >
    > > digital
    > >
    > >>camera. Now I'm in the market for a video camera. I know nothing about
    > >>them and am wondering if there is a comperable site. Thanks!
    > >>

    > > I don't know what you think about CNET's reviews, but there's a start.
    It'll
    > > at least give you a rundown on each cam's features and consumer's
    reviews.
    > > Plus, it'll give you a list of places selling a particular model and
    what
    > > the cheapest price is. HTH,
    > >
    > > Ron
    > >

    > Try camcorderinfo.com

    Yep, ditto on that. I've been so much into the stills aspect that I had
    forgotten about that site. I used to frequent that alot when I was deciding
    on my camcorder.

    Ron

    "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote in message

    > "rayr" <raynospam@verisign.com> wrote in message
    > > Ron wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > > > digital

    > > > I don't know what you think about CNET's reviews, but there's a start.
    > It'll
    > > > at least give you a rundown on each cam's features and consumer's
    > reviews.
    > > > Plus, it'll give you a list of places selling a particular model and
    > what
    > > > the cheapest price is. HTH,
    > > >
    > > > Ron
    > > >

    > > Try camcorderinfo.com
    > >

    > Yep, ditto on that. I've been so much into the stills aspect that I had
    > forgotten about that site. I used to frequent that alot when I was
    deciding
    > on my camcorder.
    >
    > Ron

    Here's two excellent sites,