dpreview for video cameras?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've been a big fan of the dpreview site when looking to purchase a digital
camera. Now I'm in the market for a video camera. I know nothing about
them and am wondering if there is a comperable site. Thanks!

Ron

"Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I've been a big fan of the dpreview site when looking to purchase a
digital
> camera. Now I'm in the market for a video camera. I know nothing about
> them and am wondering if there is a comperable site. Thanks!

I don't know what you think about CNET's reviews, but there's a start. It'll
at least give you a rundown on each cam's features and consumer's reviews.
Plus, it'll give you a list of places selling a particular model and what
the cheapest price is. HTH,

Ron

rayr

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2004

Ron wrote:

> "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>I've been a big fan of the dpreview site when looking to purchase a
>
> digital
>
>>camera. Now I'm in the market for a video camera. I know nothing about
>>them and am wondering if there is a comperable site. Thanks!
>>

> I don't know what you think about CNET's reviews, but there's a start. It'll
> at least give you a rundown on each cam's features and consumer's reviews.
> Plus, it'll give you a list of places selling a particular model and what
> the cheapest price is. HTH,
>
> Ron

Try camcorderinfo.com

Ron

"rayr" <raynospam@verisign.com> wrote in message
> Ron wrote:
>
> > "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I've been a big fan of the dpreview site when looking to purchase a
> >
> > digital
> >
> >>camera. Now I'm in the market for a video camera. I know nothing about
> >>them and am wondering if there is a comperable site. Thanks!
> >>

> > I don't know what you think about CNET's reviews, but there's a start.
It'll
> > at least give you a rundown on each cam's features and consumer's
reviews.
> > Plus, it'll give you a list of places selling a particular model and
what
> > the cheapest price is. HTH,
> >
> > Ron
> >

> Try camcorderinfo.com

Yep, ditto on that. I've been so much into the stills aspect that I had
forgotten about that site. I used to frequent that alot when I was deciding
on my camcorder.

Ron

"Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote in message

> "rayr" <raynospam@verisign.com> wrote in message
> > Ron wrote:
> >
> > > "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message

> > > digital

> > > I don't know what you think about CNET's reviews, but there's a start.
> It'll
> > > at least give you a rundown on each cam's features and consumer's
> reviews.
> > > Plus, it'll give you a list of places selling a particular model and
> what
> > > the cheapest price is. HTH,
> > >
> > > Ron
> > >

> > Try camcorderinfo.com
> >

> Yep, ditto on that. I've been so much into the stills aspect that I had
> forgotten about that site. I used to frequent that alot when I was
deciding
> on my camcorder.
>
> Ron

Here's two excellent sites,