System Administrator Policies

August 27, 2005 9:28:21 AM

When I try to install an enterprise version
(University provided), of McAfee Virus Scan 8, I get a dialog box with the
following “The System administrator has set policies to prevent this
installation"

I tried editing the registry so the "enableAdminTSRemote" data value was set
to 0 in the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

This was a fix I saw in another post with the same dialog box. It helped
them but had no effect in my case. Any ideas?
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 11:34:02 AM

Start up in Safe Mode and log in as Administrator.

"Joe" wrote:

> When I try to install an enterprise version
> (University provided), of McAfee Virus Scan 8, I get a dialog box with the
> following “The System administrator has set policies to prevent this
> installation"
>

> I tried editing the registry so the "enableAdminTSRemote" data value was set
> to 0 in the following location:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
>
> This was a fix I saw in another post with the same dialog box. It helped
> them but had no effect in my case. Any ideas?

August 27, 2005 4:10:02 PM

Admin is Safe Mode yeilds the following msg; "The Windows Installer Service
could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe
mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your
support personnel for assistance."

!