Disabling password changing in user accounts?

Hi recently i had to give admin rights to a user on my computer because
most programs wont work without them and thats fine. however the one
thing i have a problem with is that they can change any other users
passwords.

I was just wondering is there a way to disable this option of changing
other peoples passwords?

Thanks for your help

--
xphomeuser

Malke

xphomeuser wrote:

> Hi recently i had to give admin rights to a user on my computer
> because most programs wont work without them and thats fine. however
> the one thing i have a problem with is that they can change any other
> users passwords.
>
> I was just wondering is there a way to disable this option of changing
> other peoples passwords?
>
> Thanks for your help

If you have XP Pro, you might try making those people Power Users and
see if the programs you use will work properly. Otherwise, any
administrator can change any user account's password. You might set up
a group policy, but anyone with administrative privileges could
override that.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers