9550 or 9600, which do I have?

I've got an ATI card which is not marked, but I'm sure it is a 9550 or 9600.
How to tell the difference?

Jambo

Distinguished
May 17, 2003

"tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I've got an ATI card which is not marked, but I'm sure it is a 9550 or
> 9600.
> How to tell the difference?

Assuming you have a PC running Windows and have installed the ATI catlyst
drivers: -

Start>Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Adapter - the model of your
adapter should be shown here.

Jambo

Hi, Ted.

In Windows, just right-click on the Desktop and click Properties, then the
Settings tab. The Display box should tell you which adapter you have. For
more details, click the Advanced button there.

Of course, if your card is not yet installed, just look at it. Mine has a
little white barcode sticker that says in fine print, among many other
things, "AIW 9600".

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

R. C. White wrote:
> Hi, Ted.
>
> In Windows, just right-click on the Desktop and click Properties, then the
> Settings tab. The Display box should tell you which adapter you have. For
> more details, click the Advanced button there.
>
> Of course, if your card is not yet installed, just look at it. Mine has a
> little white barcode sticker that says in fine print, among many other
> things, "AIW 9600".

These only work, if the markings and the bios of the card are original
(i.e. untampered) ones. If you suspect the card might not be what you
have been told, then you could carefully remove (and void the possible
guarantee by doing it) the heat sink and read the markings on the GPU.
The do some creative googling and you should have a pretty good idea of
what you have gotten.

--
gt

ATI control panel shows a 9600 with a 400mhz CPU
Which to me means ATI 9600 Pro