Justin

I am curious, is it possible in XP Home Edition to further limit other users
from what they can access. I noticed that when signed on to a limited
account, you can still access most of the control panel features, the C
drive, etc. I am trying to setup the computer to prevent access and avoid
damaging changes from being made by the little ones. Can anyone help.

Justin wrote:
> I am curious, is it possible in XP Home Edition to further
> limit other users from what they can access. I noticed that
> when signed on to a limited account, you can still access
> most of the control panel features, the C drive, etc. I am
> trying to setup the computer to prevent access and avoid
> damaging changes from being made by the little ones. Can
> anyone help.

You might want to take a look at this program:

Windows XP Security Console

Here are some screen shots of the program:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_seccons_scrn.htm

Nepatsfan

Justin

Hey Nep,

Thanks a bunch for the link. Found alot of other helpfull things from his
page. That program should be perfect for what I need.

Thanks again,
Justin

Justin wrote:
> Hey Nep,
>
> Thanks a bunch for the link. Found alot of other helpfull
> things from his page. That program should be perfect for
> what I need.
>
> Thanks again,
> Justin
>
> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>
>> Justin wrote:
>>> I am curious, is it possible in XP Home Edition to further
>>> limit other users from what they can access. I noticed that
>>> when signed on to a limited account, you can still access
>>> most of the control panel features, the C drive, etc. I am
>>> trying to setup the computer to prevent access and avoid
>>> damaging changes from being made by the little ones. Can
>>> anyone help.
>>
>> You might want to take a look at this program:
>>
>> Windows XP Security Console
>>
>> Here are some screen shots of the program:
>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_seccons_scrn.htm
>>
>> Nepatsfan

You're welcome

Nepatsfan