Administrator

I am curious, is it possible in XP Home Edition to further limit other users
from what they can access. I noticed that when signed on to a limited
account, you can still access most of the control panel features, the C
drive, etc. I am trying to setup the computer to prevent access and avoid
damaging changes from being made by the little ones. Can anyone help.
3 answers Last reply
More about administrator

    Justin wrote:
    > I am curious, is it possible in XP Home Edition to further
    > limit other users from what they can access. I noticed that
    > when signed on to a limited account, you can still access
    > most of the control panel features, the C drive, etc. I am
    > trying to setup the computer to prevent access and avoid
    > damaging changes from being made by the little ones. Can
    > anyone help.

    You might want to take a look at this program:

    Windows XP Security Console

    Here are some screen shots of the program:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_seccons_scrn.htm

    Nepatsfan

    Hey Nep,

    Thanks a bunch for the link. Found alot of other helpfull things from his
    page. That program should be perfect for what I need.

    Thanks again,
    Justin

    Justin wrote:
    > Hey Nep,
    >
    > Thanks a bunch for the link. Found alot of other helpfull
    > things from his page. That program should be perfect for
    > what I need.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Justin
    >
    > "Nepatsfan" wrote:
    >
    >> Justin wrote:
    >>> I am curious, is it possible in XP Home Edition to further
    >>> limit other users from what they can access. I noticed that
    >>> when signed on to a limited account, you can still access
    >>> most of the control panel features, the C drive, etc. I am
    >>> trying to setup the computer to prevent access and avoid
    >>> damaging changes from being made by the little ones. Can
    >>> anyone help.
    >>
    >> You might want to take a look at this program:
    >>
    >> Windows XP Security Console
    >>
    >> Here are some screen shots of the program:
    >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_seccons_scrn.htm
    >>
    >> Nepatsfan

    You're welcome

    Nepatsfan