Does ati radeon 7500 support vertex and pixel shader 1.1?

I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not support
the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.
13 answers Last reply
More about does radeon 7500 support vertex pixel shader

    Thank you. Very helpful.

    <needin4mation@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    > have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not support
    > the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.

    Pixel shader 1.1 is supported on DX8 cards. The original Radeon, (which is
    the 7000 series in all of it's 64bit and 128bit SDR and DDR iterations),
    Radeon 7000, 7000VE, 7200, 7500, 7500LE are DX7 cards and therefore not
    supported. For Radeons, that starts with the 8500 series cards. I run Lego
    Star wars on my kids machine (Barton 3200 with Radeon 8500 128Mb) and it's
    flawless. Although it's allegedly a DX9 games, I have seen no unique DX9
    effects in the game when I compare it's visuals from the 8500 to my 9800
    Pro. All the flashy reflections are DX8 effects. Thief Deadly Shadows is
    also allegedly a DX9 game, and again I've played it through on start to
    finish on both and there are absolutely no unique DX9 visuals. It needs a
    9800 Pro for speed though...

    The main thing is that I am required to buy a newer card if I want to
    play a a game with the vertex and pixel shader 1.1.

    needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:

    > I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    > have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not support
    > the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.

    My 7500 is definitely DX8 if that helps. If not im sure your answer is
    on the ATI site somewhere.
    http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7500/radeon7500/specs.html

    DDR SGRAM / SDRAM btw...

    Danny Greaves wrote:
    >> I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    >> have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not
    >> support the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.
    >
    > My 7500 is definitely DX8 if that helps. If not im sure your answer is
    > on the ATI site somewhere.
    > http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7500/radeon7500/specs.html

    DX8 compatible, not compliant. The '7' in the 7500 points to DX7.0
    compliancy. The '8' in the 8500 series points to DX8.x compliancy. The 90*,
    91* and 92* cards are NOT DX9 compliant, by the way... Ati stopped being
    correct in these series...

    --
    Grtz,
    Thomas

    "Danny Greaves" <dandog@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    >> have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not support
    >> the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.
    >

    > My 7500 is definitely DX8 if that helps. If not im sure your answer is
    > on the ATI site somewhere.
    > http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7500/radeon7500/specs.h

    As was pointed out, there's a big difference between DX8 compatible and DX8
    compliant. It'll run some DX8 games, but no DX8 effects show up.

    Thomas wrote:

    > Danny Greaves wrote:
    > >> I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    > >> have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not
    > >> support the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.
    > >
    > > My 7500 is definitely DX8 if that helps. If not im sure your answer is
    > > on the ATI site somewhere.
    > > http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7500/radeon7500/specs.html
    >
    > DX8 compatible, not compliant. The '7' in the 7500 points to DX7.0
    > compliancy. The '8' in the 8500 series points to DX8.x compliancy. The 90*,
    > 91* and 92* cards are NOT DX9 compliant, by the way... Ati stopped being
    > correct in these series...
    >
    > --
    > Grtz,
    > Thomas

    hmm, guess it fools all the games that think its dx8. T&L hatdware
    option
    sure works good too.

    Not that I realy care either way. :)

    --end

    Augustus wrote:

    > "Danny Greaves" <dandog@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > > needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    > >> have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not support
    > >> the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.
    > >

    > > My 7500 is definitely DX8 if that helps. If not im sure your answer is
    > > on the ATI site somewhere.
    > > http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7500/radeon7500/specs.h
    >
    > As was pointed out, there's a big difference between DX8 compatible and DX8
    > compliant. It'll run some DX8 games, but no DX8 effects show up.

    I know about what makes DX8 faster. But... What DX8 effects would not
    "show up"?
    (cards slow but it plays "Flatout" np)

    thanks
    Dan

    > I know about what makes DX8 faster. But... What DX8 effects would not
    > "show up"?
    > (cards slow but it plays "Flatout" np)

    The most easy to recognize DX8 effects are the mirror-like partial
    reflections from rippling water and polished floors and surfaces, etc.

    needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:

    > I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    > have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not support
    > the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.

    This is worth a look.

    http://academic.evergreen.edu/s/schhun06/videocard_guide.html

    --end

    needin4mation@gmail.com schrieb:

    > I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    > have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not support
    > the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.

    I have the ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility and had the same problem. Although
    the card does not support DX 9 or pixel shader v1.1, I still got it
    running with this tool
    http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html .

    There you just need to activate emulation for HW TnL, pixel shader and
    force max. pixel shader v1.1 .

    hth

    I tried it. Thanks. I clicked emulate HW TnL and the force max. pixel
    shader v.1.1, but the game just acts like it is going to start and then
    dies. Thanks though.

    needin4mation@gmail.com wrote:

    > I tried it. Thanks. I clicked emulate HW TnL and the force max. pixel
    > shader v.1.1, but the game just acts like it is going to start and then
    > dies. Thanks though.

    Funny my AIW 7500 has TnL. Makes my DX8 games run close to 50% faster too.
    --

    --end

Radeon Support ATI Vertex Graphics